Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Now for that free throw, maybe you are right. I don’t, won’t, can’t , and not want to micromanage this young man’s personality, but if your going to swagger up to the free throw line, make the GD shot.

GO RAMS
Again, maybe I missed it. What free throw are you talking about?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Again, maybe I missed it. What free throw are you talking about?
He missed the front end of a one and one that would have iced the win for the black team in regulation. Marus Evans then got him off his feet and drew a foul on the 3 point attempt. Evans then sank all three foul shots and it went to OT. Bones hit a dagger 3 in OT though and the black team won. It was a great match up between Evans and Bones. I had fun watching them.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
The only thing I am really taking away from this game...based on what people in attendance said is:
1. We seem further along this year than we were last year at this time
2. Everyone seems to have bought into the need for a strong defense
3. Bones appears to be ahead of where PJ was and may be able to offer more assistance at the pg spot.....and free up Crow
4. MSS is MSS. Would have really preferred to see how Corey has come along at the 5 spot over Ward (Ward seems good - but it is the B&G game). We really need to have a second player at the 5 spot who can produce effectively (offense and defense) to lighten the load on MSS if needed. I want to see continued growth in Corey during his 2nd year at VCU like we saw with MSS's second year with VCU.
5. between the two teams we shot something like 35% from 3.......but it is the very start/beginning of the season. But even if we are consistent at 35%, it will be better than a number of games we had last year in the 20's%.

Ok, gonna stop now because I feel like I am falling into the koolaide hype zone. I'm stoked for this season and the future!

Reactions: RamStrut

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
He missed the front end of a one and one that would have iced the win for the black team in regulation. Marus Evans then got him off his feet and drew a foul on the 3 point attempt. Evans then sank all three foul shots and it went to OT. Bones hit a dagger 3 in OT though and the black team won. It was a great match up between Evans and Bones. I had fun watching them.
So that's where this whole swagger stuff is coming from? smh

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Look who is giving him a hard time.....the pg from the winning team....LOL
View attachment 7559
My point exactly! People here are getting all up in stuff.
I say the guys know they are killing it, having fun doing it, and know what’s happening. I say the senior loaded team thinks the up and comers are going to be able to carry on.

They are dicking around with each other because they know everyone can be good, everyone has each other’s backs and they are having fun doing it!

This is we heard a couple years ago in the intro and I’m loving every moment of seeing it coming true.