Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Dude, I don't think that rim is regulation. I probably couldn't shoot better than 20% from 3 with that rim.
That old CAA backboard was a media gift during a tournament that I covered. It hurts me to look at it because when I was playing bedroom basketball with my son I went in for a dunk and ripped the rim off the backboard :(

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Love the photo of Richard “Dickie Red” Jones. I’ll wager that a lot of people would assume that he is shooting the ball in this picture, but this was his trademark rebounding style, one handed. Thanks for stirring my memories of one of my favorite players.
"Dickie Red" was the best one-handed rebounder I've ever seen for a guy his size. He would rebound it with one hand, slap it with his other hand and then pass the ball. It was so much fun watching him crash the boards. He was one of the best players, if not the best, coming out of high school in Virginia when he committed to VCU.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I understand this event is at 7pm on a Sat night. I would think that combined with 4 of the newbies being from not far away, there's going to be a larger crowd, a good thing to think about being there earlier for them good seats, and to get in to see it, this time.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Hops

Top Member
Insider
Jul 14, 2013
I understand this event is at 7pm on a Sat night. I would think that combined with 4 of the newbies being from not far away, there's going to be a larger crowd, a good thing to think about being there earlier for them good seats, and to get in to see it, this time.
Anyone having trouble getting up for this game has serious fan hood issues. Can’t remember last time I was more bullish on our team.
Probably last time we started the season a consensus top 25 team.

May 3, 2012
"Dickie Red" was the best one-handed rebounder I've ever seen for a guy his size. He would rebound it with one hand, slap it with his other hand and then pass the ball. It was so much fun watching him crash the boards. He was one of the best players, if not the best, coming out of high school in Virginia when he committed to VCU.
He is the consumate example of the student-athlete. A great player that stayed local and went on to work for Reynolds Metals. You yunguns can Google that company.