Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Understatement of the year so far.
Let's see how he does in a real game against a quality D1 team. That will be the true test.

**Not saying he won't be much better. Just saying that history has shown us that the B&G game doesn't always seem to provide a true account of a players ability in real game situations.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Let's see how he does in a real game against a quality D1 team. That will be the true test.

**Not saying he won't be much better. Just saying that history has shown us that the B&G game doesn't always seem to provide a true account of a players ability in real game situations.
Can't recall many players who were impressive in the B&G who didn't pan out. Bones showed more in one scrimmage than Byrd showed me all last year.

Reactions: Nic

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Can't recall many players who were impressive in the B&G who didn't pan out. Bones showed more in one scrimmage than Byrd showed me all last year.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The body of work is only two 12 minute halves. Posters on these boards seem to anoint a new player every year about this time as the next coming of Eric Maynor. And then they transfer out of the program. Let Bones be Bones without posters putting him on a pedestal before his first season begins. He's a freshman!

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Who was the big that transferred from FSU a few years ago? Was impressive in the B&G but was a total bust during the regular season.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The body of work is only two 12 minute halves. Posters on these boards seem to anoint a new player every year about this time as the next coming of Eric Maynor. And then they transfer out of the program. Let Bones be Bones without posters putting him on a pedestal before his first season begins. He's a freshman!
You're grossly exaggerating my comment. Saying Bones showed more in one scrimmage than another player showed all of last year who scored a grand total of 41 points for the season is not in the same hemisphere as saying he's the next Maynor. Not even close. If others are doing that address them but please don't attach that hyperbole to me when I NEVER said anything close to what you're referencing.