Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Going totally from memory so don't quote me................but I believe it had something to do with his daughter and needing to make money and if I remember correctly he ended up going to Japan and playing
I remember hearing the same thing.

Apr 21, 2009
The only player I remember playing pretty well during the BG game and had people talking that “didn’t pan out“ for us was Jarius Lyles and we all know how his career ended. Couldn’t blame him for leaving though...we had Weber AND Lewis in front of him so he wouldn’t have played many minutes.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
It happens every year.

2018: PJ Byrd
2017: Tyler Maye

Also, just for reference (being lazy, but if you click on the msg hyperlink there's 2 more):
Good call on Lane.

But keep in mind, put up numbers doesn't necessarily mean they were impressive. Though I remember Maye showed some signs (at least to me) that he may be a baller and it didn't turn out to be the case. But I see your point.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
The only player I remember playing pretty well during the BG game and had people talking that “didn’t pan out“ for us was Jarius Lyles and we all know how his career ended. Couldn’t blame him for leaving though...we had Weber AND Lewis in front of him so he wouldn’t have played many minutes.
Jay Gavin didn't pan out and everyone was drinking his Kool-Aid in the beginning.

Reactions: mike7842