Countdown to the Exhibition Game

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
So, are these countdown threads replacing the "Official" @BigE threads?

Please dont say yes. We are messing with primal forces beyond our control. The last time someone other than BigE started an Official thread, we lost by 30.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
So, are these countdown threads replacing the "Official" @BigE threads?

Please dont say yes. We are messing with primal forces beyond our control. The last time someone other than BigE started an Official thread, we lost by 30.
No. In the past Big E has never created official threads until the first real game. I remember one season I created an official exhibition game thread and I will never do that again because some team from Charlotte beat VCU.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Despite it not officially "counting", VSU is no BS team and will be coming up 95 to beat VCU and send an early season message to their opponents. A friend was telling me he feels like this matchup could be potentially contentious and perhaps a bit unruly on the court.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Despite it not officially "counting", VSU is no BS team and will be coming up 95 to beat VCU and send an early season message to their opponents. A friend was telling me he feels like this matchup could be potentially contentious and perhaps a bit unruly on the court.
Well, hopefully it is not a problem. That being said, VSU was 28-5 last season so they are a good CIAA team.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Well, hopefully it is not a problem. That being said, VSU was 28-5 last season so they are a good CIAA team.
Not trying to raise alarm, just pointing out, methinks this is what he was referring to:
School officials: Fights break out at VSU basketball game
Criminal charges according to a few media posts. Clips of what happened, I am unsure whether this did or did not involve VSU players of ECSU players, and or their respective fans:

clearer video here:

I know VCU's security will be on top of things, but yeah, this is what my friend was referring to.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Not trying to raise alarm, just pointing out, methinks this is what he was referring to:
School officials: Fights break out at VSU basketball game
Criminal charges according to a few media posts. Clips of what happened, I am unsure whether this did or did not involve VSU players of ECSU players, and or their respective fans:

clearer video here:

I know VCU's security will be on top of things, but yeah, this is what my friend was referring to.
The CIAA has some contagious rivalries. I can remember waaaaay back when I worked in Salisbury, Md and I covered UMES/Coppin State for our sports dept. That game was called with about 2 minutes left in the game due to a brawl. The bleachers emptied to the court and chairs were thrown. It was wild. I think my footage ended up on ESPN. Might have been in about 1988 or 89.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Will Corey be available for the game? Why was he held out of the B&G and UVa scrimmage?

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Looking at VSU's roster, ton of seniors and juniors...but a lot of transfers, too. I'll assume this is a seasoned team and will be a formidable opponent. Rather be tested than face a "cupcake" (that's Tuesday?)

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
The CIAA has some contagious rivalries. I can remember waaaaay back when I worked in Salisbury, Md and I covered UMES/Coppin State for our sports dept. That game was called with about 2 minutes left in the game due to a brawl. The bleachers emptied to the court and chairs were thrown. It was wild. I think my footage ended up on ESPN. Might have been in about 1988 or 89.
A few of us went to Varina vs trinity back when we were courting Bacot. The tension could be felt in the 2nd half, Varina was up and did not wanna lose. When Trinity started coming back, words were exchanged with Trinity players and a huge fight broke out, ADULT fans against each other, and fans agaisnt players, (HIGH SCHOOL KIDS)... same thing, game called by Varina's AD. I turned to look and my game friend was gone out the door, and a former VCU player a lot of us know who was there in support of vcu staff who were out of the country for an an away tourney at the time look at me and said on the way out the door, "SEE! See what we got these days?! You see?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 757RamFan
Apr 21, 2009
All instate games can be a battle so we need to be prepared, VSU is no push over and a lost to them would hurt but I think we should win with our defense and good shooting and team play.