Covid-19 info thread

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
This is a good interview. I like Howard so it is entertaining too...for me at least.

The full interview is great and archived on Sirius.
Awesome, thanks for posting. Love Howard too, and it was nice to get an expert who addressed things in such a matter of fact manner....so tired of the provocateurs of doom & gloom.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
Great discussion. I wanted to share this here though, Because of the Kung Flu, I got out of jury duty! :D 👺
you suck. ;). I had to sit thru selection all day a few months ago, get called to the criminal court room to not get selected to the jury (can’t blame them). Only thing I learned is you can get arrested six times for heroin possession with intent to distribute, and still have a fighting chance in Richmond.

Last edited:

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
you suck. ;). I had to sit thru selection all day a few months ago, get called to the criminal court room to not get selected to the jury (can’t blame them). Only thing I learned is you can get arrested six times for heroin possession with attempt to distribute, and still have a fighting chance in Richmond.

It ain't just Richmond. Unrelated, but heard a story on the Moth radio hour about a girl who immigrated here from eastern Europe, who "had" to sit on jury duty, and found out one of the great bedrocks of our society, jury by your peers, (and she discovered you can't always judge people by their looks).

Reactions: DNB

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Well, it looks like VCU (my guess under State directive) is turning the Honors dorm back into a hospital, and plannin' on doing it in less than a week :o

I biked over there on Tuesday to get some fresh air and saw some poor soul trying to take an overloaded cart with carpet squares to the dumpster and helped him load it back up after they all fell off, using my bungee cords to secure 'em. I'd have asked him what was going on but while I only speak English and a bit of German, he only spoke Spanish. I guess he was just part of the first wave before the s#!t really hit the fan and they emptied the students belongings on Wednesday whilst starting construction...

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Well, it looks like VCU (my guess under State directive) is turning the Honors dorm back into a hospital, and plannin' on doing it in less than a week :o

I biked over there on Tuesday to get some fresh air and saw some poor soul trying to take an overloaded cart with carpet squares to the dumpster and helped him load it back up after they all fell off, using my bungee cords to secure 'em. I'd have asked him what was going on but while I only speak English and a bit of German, he only spoke Spanish. I guess he was just part of the first wave before the s#!t really hit the fan and they emptied the students belongings on Wednesday whilst starting construction...
REAAALLLYYYY hard to believe there was not ONE person in administration who could have communicated with the students about this. Not one? That's bad.

Reactions: VCUPepBandRules

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
That's some weird sh*t..
I'd seen stuff about this on Twitter last night, but wasn't sure it was a current video. It's very weird. The state can just take over a dorm and basically trash everyone's stuff? Those kids leave for spring break, can't come back, and all their stuff is just dumped. Feels like that movie Coma from the late 70s--a facility no one knows about.

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
I'd seen stuff about this on Twitter last night, but wasn't sure it was a current video. It's very weird. The state can just take over a dorm and basically trash everyone's stuff? Those kids leave for spring break, can't come back, and all their stuff is just dumped. Feels like that movie Coma from the late 70s--a facility no one knows about.
They didn't trash it, they boxed it up and put it into storage, but given the accelerated timeline I doubt they were able to pack it up nicely. Really was kinda dick move on VCU's part to not tell the students involved that it was happening. I can kinda see that they probably didn't want a bunch of students rushing the building to get their stuff with 4 different construction teams working the building, but no notification isn't right. I guess that's why the kid I helped on Tuesday seemed a little nervous while I was helping him since it was being done on the lowdown...

Reactions: SpiderRAM and SWV

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Seriously?

I'm not putting this everywhere and hope it can be kept here. Someone (I can only say I love, and is doing very well for himself otherwise in life with good healthcare) is very sick. He says he knows a LOT of others who "have the same thing". No one they know are talking about it. And I figure the same for all the people he knows who are also sick. He and the wife have been through intense fevers for over a week. Nights sweats. Cannot keep fever down. Now prolonged coughs that won't stop. Thinks it's pneumonia, but has never had it before and not sure if it is. His regular "doctor" has been doing DICK. No "testing". He told me today he got to see a doc last night. Used Doctor on Demand. Got a prescription for azithromycin and benzonatate.

I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. I pray for him night and day, though I'm not one to bother God with my daily gripes and issues.
Yall PLEASE take care of yourselves. Think before you do everything and anything. Every step you take, every time you lay a finger on anything including yourself. Develop a game plan for grocery shopping, and picking up the mail, BUT MOST OF ALL FOR GOD'S SAKE, STAY THE F HOME. This isn't some hitler move this is a keep yourself healthy and stop spreading this sht kind of move. Don't downplay what we all, should know by now, is a real thing. People see it and instantly turn around and become careless. For God's sake take one thing in your life seriously: this.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
[QUOTE="MobileMunchies, post: For God's sake take one thing in your life seriously: this.
[/QUOTE]
Prayer lifted for Sometime and his wife. Might I suggest a small rewording... For your sake take one thing in your life seriously: God.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM