Covid-19 info thread

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Numbers from TSA-

• 2,026,205. The total number of people who traveled through TSA checkpoints on March 31st , 2019.
  • 146,348. The total number of people who traveled through TSA checkpoints yesterday, March 31st, 2020.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 1, 2009
That new number is about 146,000 too many....
Unfortunate as it is, you are not going to stop Americans from traveling. Plus there may be many business that are involved in travel and prefer the one on one vs using zoom......again, unfortunate as that may be.

VCU1970

Top Member
Mar 27, 2013
Unfortunate as it is, you are not going to stop Americans from traveling. Plus there may be many business that are involved in travel and prefer the one on one vs using zoom......again, unfortunate as that may be.
Not to mention STUPID. With today's technology business can be conducted from afar UNLESS you don't value the lives of your employees.

Reactions: Ramlove81

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
how was the test itself? did you take the original test?
Swab up the nose, not too bad, tickled more than anything.
It took 7 days to get back. It went through LabCorp and though I appreciate them stepping up to do the tests, I don't think they anticipated the number of people being tested. Should have taken 3 days. My doc said it has taken as long as 11 days for some to come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: duncanlamb
Feb 14, 2011
Not to mention STUPID. With today's technology business can be conducted from afar UNLESS you don't value the lives of your employees.
I'll refrain from saying what I really want to say about these types of narrow minded comments. Someone I care very much about spend 3 days sleeping in airports, about 6 fights to fly to Washington for an unknown length of time. She's with a company that is joining a state task force to implement a plan to deal with the mental health crisis. The expected suicide numbers being thrown out are expected to far exceed the death rate from Covid-19.

How "stupid" are those health care workers from WV that were furloughed because no one is going to hospitals or seeing doctors and they chose to fly to cities where they are needed.

It's difficult for most of us to comprehend the number of people that are making significant personal sacrifices for the wellbeing of others.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008
May 1, 2009
Partially true. There are some types of businesses that require travel. Many of these are for things like technical equipment installation and repair

VCU1970

Top Member
Mar 27, 2013
I'll refrain from saying what I really want to say about these types of narrow minded comments. Someone I care very much about spend 3 days sleeping in airports, about 6 fights to fly to Washington for an unknown length of time. She's with a company that is joining a state task force to implement a plan to deal with the mental health crisis. The expected suicide numbers being thrown out are expected to far exceed the death rate from Covid-19.

How "stupid" are those health care workers from WV that were furloughed because no one is going to hospitals or seeing doctors and they chose to fly to cities where they are needed.

It's difficult for most of us to comprehend the number of people that are making significant personal sacrifices for the wellbeing of others.
I thought during the time of a pandemic it would be UNDERSTOOD without being that specific that many people in the health care industry would have to be moving about in order to perform their duties. Of course even more of them will be put in harms way due to the lack of initiative by the Trump administration. I hope the one you care about the most remains safe.

Feb 14, 2011
I thought during the time of a pandemic it would be UNDERSTOOD without being that specific that many people in the health care industry would have to be moving about in order to perform their duties. Of course even more of them will be put in harms way due to the lack of initiative by the Trump administration. I hope the one you care about the most remains safe.
She's not heath care, private business helping the state to figure out how to clean up financial and political mess. "Lack of initiative" You mean Governor Inslee (Washington) and Cuomo who sat on a problem for weeks after State AND the CDC told they were going to have a big problem way back in mid January.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
  • Wow
Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

VCU1970

Top Member
Mar 27, 2013
She's not heath care, private business helping the state to figure out how to clean up financial and political mess. "Lack of initiative" You mean Governor Inslee (Washington) and Cuomo who sat on a problem for weeks after State AND the CDC told they were going to have a big problem way back in mid January.
No I mean the Trump administration . The one that dismissed the health care professional working with the Chinese last summer. You know the one that would have reported the Wuhan out break from the November outset. We knew about the likelihood of the virus spreading to the U.S on Dec.31 . We reported our first case on Jan 20 ,same day as South Korea. They took preventative steps . Trump called it just one person from China, got it under control, and it's a hoax, will disappear quickly like a miracle. How's that for scientific thinking. He fiddled around until March before deciding that folks in the science and health fields might have a clue about what was and might happen. That's just a small but significant part of the "lack of initiative" I was referring to.