David Shriver Is A Ram!

SteveMM

Elite Member
Here's the question: Is the A10 ready for this? I'm thinking Deloach's post was a bit over the top.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Here's the question: Is the A10 ready for this? I'm thinking Deloach's post was a bit over the top.
And he addresses a notable need for the Rams: shooting. VCU ranked 316th in the country in 3s per game last season, with 5.7. They shot 34.7% from deep as a team, which was sixth in the Atlantic 10.

But Shriver figures to add to that output. The Philippi, W.Va., native has a long reputation as a knockdown shooter.

https://richmond.com/sports/college...cle_c7bf2b2e-2024-5753-b72e-98fd5521afaa.html

SteveMM

Elite Member
And he addresses a notable need for the Rams: shooting. VCU ranked 316th in the country in 3s per game last season, with 5.7. They shot 34.7% from deep as a team, which was sixth in the Atlantic 10.

But Shriver figures to add to that output. The Philippi, W.Va., native has a long reputation as a knockdown shooter.

https://richmond.com/sports/college...cle_c7bf2b2e-2024-5753-b72e-98fd5521afaa.html
Epps got that out quickly. He clearly had the info on embargo, just ready to go as soon as the announcement came out.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Our current roster and staff know this part, which explains the deep excitement.
Props to staff for landing a big one on the right hand side of THIS:

needs%2Bvs%2Bwants.jpg

Solid pickup. Needed a shooter. A seemingly well thought out and executed run of roster additions so far this off-season.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I’m not sure how the fourth leading scorer on a horrible team is exactly huge, but hopefully he can contribute some.
Let’s hope he can defend!
At 6'6 he will help with spacing and he will shoot when open. That was a problem last year. Open shots were not taken quickly enough or missed. Plenty of space for outside shooters but it was usually Ace or Vince taking the shot. Oh, Nunn too. Shriver should help. I am surprised that he passed on going to a smaller school for minutes. That tells me that he wants to win and contribute to a solid program. Every thing I have seen since hearing about his interest early this week mentioned knockdown shooter. Well, that is what we have needed so let's see if he can bomb away.
Welcome David "Stache" Shriver!

At 6'6 if he is active he will help our 3 pt D.

RamBamBiggalow

Elite Member
He is a pure 3 pt shooter. We need that big time. Him, Jones a big that can hit threes, and Zeb an all around scoring guard potentially adds a lot of offense to the pieces we alreay have.

If we add Smith, I think this is the best team MR has had, and the look of it is the most like the FF squad since then.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
At 6'6 he will help with spacing and he will shoot when open. That was a problem last year. Open shots were not taken quickly enough or missed. Plenty of space for outside shooters but it was usually Ace or Vince taking the shot. Oh, Nunn too. Shriver should help. I am surprised that he passed on going to a smaller school for minutes. That tells me that he wants to win and contribute to a solid program. Every thing I have seen since hearing about his interest early this week mentioned knockdown shooter. Well, that is what we have needed so let's see if he can bomb away.
Welcome David "Stache" Shriver!

At 6'6 if he is active he will help our 3 pt D.
Do you (or does anyone else) know if he shoots any off the bounce or mostly on the catch? I imagine it's mostly the latter, but if he's decisive it will help either way.