David Shriver Is A Ram!

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
Funny how people are now fond of using that line if I dare to disagree with anything that doesn't qualify as unconditional cheerleading or if I refute inaccurate info.

Trying to turn that line into a "Now go get your shinebox!" moment. How'd that work out for Billy Batts? :twisted:

1651693410099.png

2012Ram

Elite Member
Our offense wasn't in the top 200 in kenpom lmao. I don't wanna hear how that was planned/is a good strategy/trust the coaches.

I think our lack of a consistent inside scoring threat allowed our opponents to keep pressure on our perimeter players. Also, it looked to me like we sacrificed offensive rebounds to get our defense back and set up quickly to stop transition baskets.
I thought our lack of outside shooting allowed them to pack the lane? Dammit, I can never remember which way it goes.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Our offense wasn't in the top 200 in kenpom lmao. I don't wanna hear how that was planned/is a good strategy/trust the coaches.
Exactly. Offense isn’t top 200. Three point shooting is 3rd in the A10 with 4 guys that are 35% or better. We only average 16 threes a game. But Mike knows what he’s doing in the offensive end and we shouldn’t question the strategy. I think he’s a great defensive coach… better than Shaka or Wade and on the same level as Tony Bennett. His offensive strategy needs to be modernized.

Last edited:

VCU74

Elite Member
We cut the turnovers in half and I bet it's top 100.
Dunno about top 100 but sniffing it for sure. I know they said it was being worked on and all that but still so many unforced turnovers…
/did seem to figure out what the painted lines on the edges of the court are all about tho.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
If they’re shooting 3rd best in the conference on 3s, then they absolutely need to be taking more 3s.
Or maybe they are third in conference because they stopped taking bad threes? Of course then you game plan for more.

HouseofBurgess20

Elite Member
I don’t have a clear memory of Louisville’s 2012-13 team, but I remember Luke Hancock played a big role in them winning the national title. Could this kid be our Luke Hancock? Obviously don’t know if we’re ready to win a NCAA title, but I’m willing to settle for an A-10 title.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Here's what I know about Shriver: he can shoot 3s. On the move, catch-and-shoot, in the corners, up top, on the wing. He shot ~41% in HS, ~41% in D2, ~41% in D1 @ Hartford. Sounds like he shoots 3s at about a 41% clip.

Here's what I don't know: can he play basketball. Can he defend? Can he set a pick or just work off one?

If he can do the latter, maybe he is Hancock, who was All-CAA 3d team for Mason. If not, well, he can shoot 3s at a 41% clip. That's not nothing.