David Shriver Is A Ram!

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
At 6'6 he will help with spacing and he will shoot when open. That was a problem last year. Open shots were not taken quickly enough or missed. Plenty of space for outside shooters but it was usually Ace or Vince taking the shot. Oh, Nunn too. Shriver should help. I am surprised that he passed on going to a smaller school for minutes. That tells me that he wants to win and contribute to a solid program. Every thing I have seen since hearing about his interest early this week mentioned knockdown shooter. Well, that is what we have needed so let's see if he can bomb away.
Welcome David "Stache" Shriver!

At 6'6 if he is active he will help our 3 pt D.
I’ve noticed he also doesn’t turn the ball over. Averaged 0.7 turnovers per game last season. If the ball’s in his hands he’s gonna take a shot.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
At 6'6 he will help with spacing and he will shoot when open. That was a problem last year. Open shots were not taken quickly enough or missed. Plenty of space for outside shooters but it was usually Ace or Vince taking the shot. Oh, Nunn too. Shriver should help. I am surprised that he passed on going to a smaller school for minutes. That tells me that he wants to win and contribute to a solid program. Every thing I have seen since hearing about his interest early this week mentioned knockdown shooter. Well, that is what we have needed so let's see if he can bomb away.
Welcome David "Stache" Shriver!

At 6'6 if he is active he will help our 3 pt D.
He’s pretty close to the same height as Banks.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
So nobody noticed his 69% free throw percentage?
More important to me is the really bad competition he played against. Look at his game logs.

Maybe he’ll be good. But he played for a bad team in a bad conference. His stats aren’t against NIT teams, much less A10 or NCAA Tournament teams. His level of competition in practice against our second team players will be harder than he’s faced in most games.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Do you (or does anyone else) know if he shoots any off the bounce or mostly on the catch? I imagine it's mostly the latter, but if he's decisive it will help either way.
some of each. From his D2 school