Recruiting Dereon Seabron (Closed)

Isn't Nov. 10, or close to that, the official NCAA "announcement" date? What's the deal here? And how much class time do these prospects miss on the multiple recruiting trips? Hopefully, looking out for the rest of their lives, they don't have a fear or flying. That might eliminate Minnesota, that we have learned is cold.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Early signing period is 11/14- 11/21. He has said he wants to decide end November through early December. Unlikely we get a signed NLI until spring

Mcuff

Elite Member
He just seems like a VCU guy to me, I wonder if he would be worried about not playing the point much because we have a freshman PG Mike Rhoades seems to like a lot.

PJ, Curry, Jarren, and Dereon would be a nice young backcourt to develop.

Speaking of guards, did you know Virginia Union point guard Jemal Smith is first cousin (on mother's side) of former Rams' great Melvin Johnson? Both were at one time at Rice High in Harlem before transferring - Johnson to St. Benedict's, NJ, and Smith to Cardinal Hayes in Bronx... Smith visited The Stu and Barclay (A10) numerous times to visit with and watch his cousin play.

Milk Lizard

Elite Member
Speaking of guards, did you know Virginia Union point guard Jemal Smith is first cousin (on mother's side) of former Rams' great Melvin Johnson? Both were at one time at Rice High in Harlem before transferring - Johnson to St. Benedict's, NJ, and Smith to Cardinal Hayes in Bronx... Smith visited The Stu and Barclay (A10) numerous times to visit with and watch his cousin play.

I know it's nonsense, but I think it's funny in bursts every 6 months or so. As long as it disappears from Thanksgiving to March Madness I enjoy it.

Just me?

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider

The value of
Dereon Seabron
this winter.
We have talked often about the lack of talent available in the 2019 class but, as always, prospects will emerge during the high school and prep circuit months. A 6-foot-4 playmaking guard with a great basketball body and the ability to think the game and do so in an appropriate manner, Seabron is set to see his recruitment blow up in the weeks ahead. He has already taken official visits to East Carolina, Minnesota and VCU this fall where Georgia is the latest to offer. He plans to sign in the spring which means that many more power conference programs will enter the mix as Oklahoma State, Providence, SMU and Virginia Tech are just the latest to become involved.

BradRamFan

Elite Member

The value of
Dereon Seabron
this winter.
We have talked often about the lack of talent available in the 2019 class but, as always, prospects will emerge during the high school and prep circuit months. A 6-foot-4 playmaking guard with a great basketball body and the ability to think the game and do so in an appropriate manner, Seabron is set to see his recruitment blow up in the weeks ahead. He has already taken official visits to East Carolina, Minnesota and VCU this fall where Georgia is the latest to offer. He plans to sign in the spring which means that many more power conference programs will enter the mix as Oklahoma State, Providence, SMU and Virginia Tech are just the latest to become involved.
If he is going to wait until the spring then it is my belief he isn't coming here....just my opinion.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
If he is going to wait until the spring then it is my belief he isn't coming here....just my opinion.
He has just as good of a chance as any other recruit. The current signing period ends Wednesday and it does not feel like we have anyone on track to sign in the next couple of days. We know we have at least one more spot to fill. History would suggest two more spots

I think he will factor in our performance this year when deciding.