Recruiting Dereon Seabron (Closed)

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

“VCU, it was a very good visit and they made me feel like I was home,” said Seabron. “That’s close to my home too with VCU being in Richmond. They just want me to be their point guard.”

Minnesota is looking to have him commit in the near future, but it looks like he will take his time with his decision.

“The Minnesota visit went well, I’m looking into them but right now I’m going to wait till the late signing period,” he said.

Seabron sees three schools recruiting him the hardest right now.

“Right now it’s got to be Oklahoma State, Providence, and VCU,” Seabron said.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013

“VCU, it was a very good visit and they made me feel like I was home,” said Seabron. “That’s close to my home too with VCU being in Richmond. They just want me to be their point guard.”

Minnesota is looking to have him commit in the near future, but it looks like he will take his time with his decision.

“The Minnesota visit went well, I’m looking into them but right now I’m going to wait till the late signing period,” he said.

A former coach a ways back was making false promises to recruits.
What he said there was EXACTLY what was said in front of us.
One thing that's true.. VCU's coaches straight up, no-nonsense, yall. And during visits recruits will truly taste what they'll find here. If it feels like home, it's home.
He needs to make VCU home.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

Based on that last sentence? I like our chances!!!

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Dereon Seabron, CG, Massanutten Military Academy
Every year a player or two emerges at the National Prep Showcase. This year, Dereon Seabron is the most notable prospect to use the event to escalate their stock. At 6-foot-5, Seabron has good size and length for a combo guard prospect. He’s aggressive off the bounce, has a quick first step and finds ways to get into the paint. Once there he’s a good finisher, despite lacking in strength. Seabron has quite a bit of potential on the defensive end as well, as he should be able to guard multiple spots on the perimeter. Seabron scored a total of 35 points on 15 of 31 shooting in two games at the Prep Showcase.
Recruiting: Minnesota, VCU, ECU & NC State

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Good for him! Hopefully he will actually become a ram. Jarren took a little hit in the ratings down from .8806 to .8723

Reactions: N Mollen