Recruiting Dereon Seabron (Closed)

Major Ram 2.0

Top Member
Aug 13, 2018
The more he rises, the less our chances.
Based on your inside knowledge of what this young man wants in life? Your psersonal knowledge of his relationship with our staff.? Based on his interactions with the team during his visit? How bout that Rhoades was recognizing his abilities before these ranking services?
Man those kinda posts are ignorant and just not helpful.

May 5, 2009
Based on your inside knowledge of what this young man wants in life? Your psersonal knowledge of his relationship with our staff.? Based on his interactions with the team during his visit? How bout that Rhoades was recognizing his abilities before these ranking services?
I am patiently waiting until he commits to us. I get your point. You are a new comer to this board. I have been posting since 2009. I do know that in the last year we have lost out on a lot of four star recruits. But I am optimistic.

Last edited:

Nic

Top Member
Jan 14, 2014
I would have to think his relationship with McAllister, whether good or bad, could help to influence his decision. Just because they're teammates doesn't mean they like each other, but hopefully they're close and he's in his ear every day about playing together for the next 4 years after this season. I want Seabron on our team more than I've wanted any other recruit in recent memory. He's exactly the type of player we need to step in after Vann/Jenkins graduate.

Oct 16, 2018

Bulls-eye for Mike7842 .... let's take the high-school dating game as a comparison ... you're thinking about calling up this girl , but she's playing a bit hard to get .... then she wins Homecoming Queen pageant and her photo appears on front page of daily newspaper .... now how do you like your chances?

Reactions: BradRamFan

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Bulls-eye for Mike7842 .... let's take the high-school dating game as a comparison ... you're thinking about calling up this girl , but she's playing a bit hard to get .... then she wins Homecoming Queen pageant and her photo appears on front page of daily newspaper .... now how do you like your chances?
Come on Bighorn, we beat the dating, marrying, divorcing illustrations to death a long time ago, it's not a good analogy.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Disagree with Love ... the more popular someone is in any activity, the harder it is to lure them into your private circle.
but what if she already likes me, has been to my house, met my parents (and liked them too) and knows I have her best interest at heart and maybe some of those brutes on the football team, who paid no attention to her at all last week, don't? We can carry the analogy on and on, it doesn't really hold up. Love you too man.

Oct 16, 2018
Okay, then why doesn't VCU go after the very very best, like Isaiah Todd, who played last year at John Marshall, no more than 10 minutes from Ramland? Do you really think it would have made any difference if some smooth-talking VCU coach contacted him when he was in eighth grade at Henderson Middle? As his stock rose, he moved out of VCU's "league." VCU did recruit the Trinity kid, from the outset, and according to my inside source, the Rams were never in it.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Okay, then why doesn't VCU go after the very very best, like Isaiah Todd, who played last year at John Marshall, no more than 10 minutes from Ramland? Do you really think it would have made any difference if some smooth-talking VCU coach contacted him when he was in eighth grade at Henderson Middle? As his stock rose, he moved out of VCU's "league." VCU did recruit the Trinity kid, from the outset, and according to my inside source, the Rams were never in it.
Doesn't already work, sometimes it does. I'd like to see us go after someone really good every year, don't get that guy most years, occasionally you do, get some really solid other guys also. You don't try, of course you don't get them. Or let's put it this way, I found out at my 20th reunion that that really cute girl who sat in front of me in English class, that I thought was out of my league, in one of her friend's words, "had such a crush on you" and I didn't think enough of my self to ask her out. Again, the analogy breaks down here too, but...

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I can't relate. All the girls always called me. I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Dereon Seabron
. The three-star guard emerged at the National Prep Showcase last month, but he had already accrued some meaningful scholarship offers, which now include East Carolina, Georgia, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Providence and VCU. ECU, Minnesota and VCU already hosted the Virginia native for an official visit earlier this fall, and Seabron’s latest trip took him to Providence.

From here, I would not be surprised to see his stock really take off. There are not many available in the mold of Seabron, 6-foot-5 playmakers who can defend three positions and make others better. The 2019 class is pretty bare following the Early Signing Period, and his recruitment is due to expand before it diminishes.

Reactions: Ram Mania

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Seabron visiting Providence today. Think it would be his fifth and final official visit. Also they blew a 20 lead to umass today
Didn't they increase the number of official visits a recruit can make?

Seabron is a 2019 pg. Just the other day we were in to see 2019 5’11 Unsigned Senior Mikey Dukes who is also a pg.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Didn't they increase the number of official visits a recruit can make?

Seabron is a 2019 pg. Just the other day we were in to see 2019 5’11 Unsigned Senior Mikey Dukes who is also a pg.
You never stop recruiting.

I am honestly not sure how the new visits rule applies. I think it is 10 over a 2 year period but I don't know if how that works with a post-grad kid