Dominion Energy-led new Coliseum

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
That is when we will get an arena.
They punted on legalization this year which in my mind is just leaving money on the table. Might as well enjoy the tax revenue particularly in hard hit boarder towns like Bristol, Danville, Martinsville and Emporia from people pouring in from Tennessee and North Carolina to buy weed.

Reactions: PRock
May 4, 2012
They punted on legalization this year which in my mind is just leaving money on the table. Might as well enjoy the tax revenue particularly in hard hit boarder towns like Bristol, Danville, Martinsville and Emporia from people pouring in from Tennessee and North Carolina to buy weed.
That revenue stream is not holding up as billed. The black market is always cheaper.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
If they don't make a beer called The Brett Blizzard then no way in heck they are getting my business. Gotta pay dues to the man who won three conference tournaments there.
I will opt for the Sweet Lou IPA with a hint of oak peach flavor.

Last edited:

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
That revenue stream is not holding up as billed. The black market is always cheaper.
You have to find a happy medium for sure . I think that's mainly been true in California and they have so much weed being grown in that state already there's an endless supply. I think you'd fill the coffers in VA if you legalized.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
I am curious why people are surprised that in a city with the diversity like Richmond that there are differences on what the citizens want to prioritize. The wants of a young professional renter is probably different then a family living under the poverty line who rents. The wants of a home owner is probably different then a renter.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I am curious why people are surprised that in a city with the diversity like Richmond that there are differences on what the citizens want to prioritize. The wants of a young professional renter is probably different then a family living under the poverty line who rents. The wants of a home owner is probably different then a renter.
And how is Richmond different from most cities the size of Richmond or larger? Richmond is no more diverse than 80% of the cities that would fall into that category, and many of those cities have found ways to build baseball stadiums/arenas.

Reactions: Mistachill

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
And how is Richmond different from most cities the size of Richmond or larger? Richmond is no more diverse than 80% of the cities that would fall into that category, and many of those cities have found ways to build baseball stadiums/arenas.
Are you asking how they got built with resident’s support, how they got built period, or how they got built where the financing made a return for the city? IMHO there is a big difference between the three question.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008
May 4, 2012
You have to find a happy medium for sure . I think that's mainly been true in California and they have so much weed being grown in that state already there's an endless supply. I think you'd fill the coffers in VA if you legalized.
Nope... they overtaxed and since its plentiful, are killing the golden goose