Dr. Ed Peeples

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This morning I heard the sad news that Dr. Ed Peeples had passed away. He was a social justice warrior or as he called it, a scalawag. He was a basketball player, educator, family man, historian......heck he was a renaissance man.
Rest in Peace??

Green Devils basketball team met with coach Ed Allen to prepare for what would be their first winning season. From left are Jim Craven, Milt Bailey, Ed Peeples (#32), Jimmy Rogers and Jerry Gholson. Peeples and John Tobin were co-captains of the team.

Here is an interesting story about Ed showing hospitality to the visiting Gallaudet team.

Last edited:

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
This morning I heard the sad news that Dr. Ed Peeples had passed away. He was a social justice warrior or as he called it, a scalawag. He was a basketball player, educator, family man, historian......heck he was a renaissance man.
Rest is Peace??

Green Devils basketball team met with coach Ed Allen to prepare for what would be their first winning season. From left are Jim Craven, Milt Bailey, Ed Peeples (#32), Jimmy Rogers and Jerry Gholson. Peeples and John Tobin were co-captains of the team.

Here is an interesting story about Ed showing hospitality to the the visiting Gallaudet team.
Thank you for taking the time to share the very sad news with us.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Rest is Peace??

Here is an interesting story about Ed showing hospitality to the visiting Gallaudet team.
Thanks for posting that AA. A rebel's spirit to the end. We are fortunate that he remained connected to the VCU family all of these years. My respects and condolences to his family

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
Rest is Peace??

Sorry to hear about this. On multiple occasions he came to my classroom to speak with students about his work on various social justice issues. Always gracious and very giving of his time.