Early season thoughts?

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
After an exciting 2-1 performance against 3 quality teams what are your thoughts on:

Surprises: Vince is a legitimate second threat, Tre Clark is scary good defensively

Hopes: Ward continues to develop as an inside threat.

Concerns: Stockard might not be as solid as hoped, but he might have just been outsized.

Other: Ace Baldwin is as promised.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
After an exciting 2-1 performance against 3 quality teams what are your thoughts on:

Surprises: Vince is a legitimate second threat, Tre Clark is scary good defensively

Hopes: Ward continues to develop as an inside threat.

Concerns: Stockard might not be as solid as hoped, but he might have just been outsized.

Other: Ace Baldwin is as promised.
I'm feeling way more optimistic about the season than I did a few days ago, and as such, there's too many surprises to count. At this point, I'm concerned about one thing: our bigs. Stockard and Medley-Bacon look like they don't belong on the floor. Like Simms last year, Corey is a limited player who will give you everything he has. Ward, however, is playing better than I expected. Still, big teams like WVU are going to give us a lot of trouble. Fortunately, there aren't a lot of teams like that on our schedule.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Positives:
1) Three Top 100 KP/RPI/NET Neutral Site games (2-1); will help w/ metrics/confidence/development
2) Yellow uniforms (with white/yellow kicks) three times - looked great
3) Excellent program exposure on national TV (ESPN/ESPN2) three days in a row against quality comp
4) Tre Clark
5) Vince Williams' shooting

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Early season thoughT: there are some big time couch coach Ram fans who don't realize how good we are and how good we just did. I love ALL you guys but some of us need to wake up and appreciate the skills.

Dude, everyone knows how well we did. All of Ram Nation is giddy with excitement. Is there a single person on here complaining that we should've done better? Instead of pretending that some people aren't real fans, maybe we could just come together as a fan base and enjoy what we just witnessed, i.e. the return of VCU basketball!

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Dude, everyone knows how well we did. All of Ram Nation is giddy with excitement. Is there a single person on here complaining that we should've done better? Instead of pretending that some people aren't real fans, maybe we could just come together as a fan base and enjoy what we just witnessed, i.e. the return of VCU basketball!
Where is CelticGuy? He had a ton to say for years. 🤔

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Where is CelticGuy? He had a ton to say for years. 🤔
Last few days I seen some things. They know who they are, who doesn't deserve starting minutes.. who's "not very good". I am not about to go shopping for them as shopping isn't really in season right now. But they know who they are. And a couple should apologize, nothing at all wrong with pointing that out.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014

Last few days I seen some things. They know who they are, who doesn't deserve starting minutes.. who's "not very good". I am not about to go shopping for them as shopping isn't really in season right now. But they know who they are. And a couple should apologize, nothing at all wrong with pointing that out.
You enjoy being sanctimonious, brother. I'm going to go watch a replay of this Memphis game.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Penn State don't want to go to war.

Mcuff

Top Member
Jul 27, 2017
1. Freshman class is really good. Unbelievable how good Ace is right away. Jamir showed major potential and will be one of our go to guys by year end. Banks and Brown-Jones are going to be good too.
2. Vince and Curry have gotten a lot better.
3. We are still a little light down low, but I think we will be ok. West Virginia was just an extremely bad match up for us. Ward had me worried the first two games but was really good yesterday. I think Stockard is more of a depth guy and BMB is better served working on his game for a year. But we played some really good bigs that we wont see in the A10 this year except for Tre Mitchel.
4. Tre Clark - wow. We have great point guard play with Ace/Tre/Bones and they complement each other really well. Tre deserves major minutes.
5. Not a rebuilding year - we can compete at the top of the A10.