Recruiting Elmarko Jackson: Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Sooo cynical around here given elmarko's connections with WER1, Bones, Tressi, Mike Rhoades, JD Byers,, Jahmir Watkins and Silas Demary Jr. , I more than like our chances to bring him to VCU.

Mercury

Elite Member
Sooo cynical around here given elmarko's connections with WER1, Bones, Tressi, Mike Rhoades, JD Byers,, Jahmir Watkins and Silas Demary Jr. , I more than like our chances to bring him to VCU.

Connections don’t put food on the table and pay bills. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Before the new rules.
Look at jahmir Watkins comment and tell me we don't have chance. He knows we got an 'In' with Jacckson

You guys are place too much emphasis in the NIL.

Kaiser went to Maryland because Lamothe recruited him there, they had long time relationship going back to 9th playing on team durrant. Not only that Kaiser and Lamothe are recruiting DeShawn Harris Smith to Maryland because They all played with and against each other.

Jonas Aidoo played a huge role in getting Dilione to sign with Tennessee because they played with each other in high school at Liberty Heights.

We're talking this years class. Again look at Jahmir comment...sounds like he wants to keep our connection on the down low..that's the way our staff operates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-213519_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-213519_Instagram.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Look at jahmir Watkins comment and tell me we don't have chance. He knows we got an 'In' with Jacckson

You guys are place too much emphasis in the NIL.

Kaiser went to Maryland because Lamothe recruited him there, they had long time relationship going back to 9th playing on team durrant. Not only that Kaiser and Lamothe are recruiting DeShawn Harris Smith to Maryland because They all played with and against each other.

Jonas Aidoo played a huge role in getting Dilione to sign with Tennessee because they played with each other in high school at Liberty Heights.

We're talking this years class. Again look at Jahmir comment...sounds like he wants to keep our connection on the down low..that's the way our staff operates.
1) silas played at liberty heights not dilione.

2) commenting on a post means nothing because all of our players were commenting on diliones posts too

3) NIL is a huge deal and the new reality. Pay to win

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member

NiL is a short term benfit but it weighed with other factors like player developent, system fit coaching relationships and player relationships

1) silas played at liberty heights not dilione.

2) commenting on a post means nothing because all of our players were commenting on diliones posts too

3) NIL is a huge deal and the new reality. Pay to win

Last edited:

vcu_baum

Elite Member
All of those are definitely true as well. But the reality is, it’s not most of these kids dream to play college basketball. Their dreams and ultimate goal is to get paid playing basketball and now they can do it playing in college.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
All of those are definitely true as well. But the reality is, it’s not most of these kids dream to play college basketball. Their dreams and ultimate goal is to get paid playing basketball and now they can do it playing in college.

Elmarko had 27 offers and removed 16 teams. The list of teams removed from consideration include:

Ohio State, Indiana, LSU, Rutgers, Pitt, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kansas St., Syracuse, Penn St., Minnesota, Ole Miss, Seton Hall and Cal.

That's 13 power power 5 and 1 big east. To put another way: 5 Big 10, 3 SEC, 2 big 12, 2 ACC, 1 PAC 12 and 1 big east....2 former NCAA title winners...1 blue blood on the list.. a coach who with multiple nba players including Kevin durrant on as resume. Another Hall of fame coach with more wins than anyon except Dean Smith and Coach K and Melo in his resume.

If NIL was the OVERRIDING factor, explain to me why Elmarko chose VCU over everyone of those schools??

I mean you do realize VCU was Trey Green's second choice ahead of Virginia, LSU and Miami. and btw Xavier a solid high mid major in the big east (not a power 5).and it wasn't that long ago when the Rams went into the Cintas arena and snapped the musketeers 52 game home win streak.

You guys are selling our coaching staff short..not giving them enough credit that they just may be able to close the deal.

Last edited:

Mercury

Elite Member
I mean you do realize VCU was Trey Green's second choice ahead of Virginia, LSU and Miami. and btw Xavier a solid high mid major in the big east (not a power 5).and it wasn't that long ago when the Rams went into the Cintas arena and snapped the musketeers 52 game home win streak.

How do you know that VCU was his second choice?