Recruiting Elmarko Jackson: VCU on the Cut list!!!

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Elmarko is blowing up. He's is now considered probably these most dominant pg on the class of '23 and has been getting scores of offers

4:45 PM We R 1 (DE) vs. West Coast Elite-NorCal (CA)​

Elmarko Jackson continues to be one of the biggest draws in Atlanta. The 4-star point guard faced an intriguing matchup with 4-star shooting guard Courtney Anderson in this one.

Jim Larranaga (Miami) has been at everyone of Jackson’s games so far. Tony Bennett (Virginia), Mike Rhoades (VCU), and Nate Oats (Alabama) joined Larranaga for this one.

The matchup had about 65 coaches looking on, including assistants from Kansas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Maryland, Ole MIss, Maryland, Iowa, Cal, Florida, South Florida, Villanova, UCLA, Louisville, and Colorado.

Here is what Mike rhoades saw tonight!

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Although Maryland and Miami are mentioned as the power 5's in pursuit. I found this paragraph interesting.

"
I want to go to a school with a nice campus energy—one where everybody is cohesive and gets along. I want to play for a coach who is hard on their players, but not in an irrational way, but wants to make their players better. Playing with a group of guys who just gets along with each other will be big too.

“Location will not really play a factor for me. I do want to play in an offense that lets their guards have a lot of freedom. Playing in the pick and roll with a lot of options and reads but also get out in transition.”
"

That's vcu's offensive scheme in a nutshell..Miami has an appeal because isaiah Wong is there and is a WER1 alum just like Bones.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
@RAMification @N Mollen @cabell @Ramlove81 @HTTRams!
@2012Ram
@vcu_baum
@VCU Heel

I stumbled across this 1 on 1 interview with Elmarko Jackson! Posted 2 weeks ago(right after nbpa top 100 camp) conducted with one of his childhood friends. Is 107 minutes of awesome. A must listen!

You really get a feel for this young man..he would be an awesome addition to our program and I expect a program changer.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member

"At the UAA finals, Jackson said eight schools — Maryland, Miami, Indiana, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Virginia and VCU – are recruiting him hardest. He broke down each of those schools:
VCU: “They just let their guards go and they work with them a lot.”

Jackson said his three most established relationships are with VCU assistant J.D. Byers, Miami assistant DJ Irving and California assistant Andrew Francis.

HTTRams!

Elite Member
That post says those are the 8 schools recruiting him the hardest.

heck, you even posted a tweet from him after that where he says he hasn’t cut his list.
And this is the type of crap many of us have been talking about. Love the info and news....but stop posting BS info @duncanlamb. I just don't get why it's so hard for you my dude.