Emerald Coast Classic

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
two sessions of 4 good teams in an arena that only holds 5800.

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
two sessions of 4 good teams in an arena that only holds 5800.
I was told it only held 2300. Looking at the pictures, I think 2300 is closer to the truth. I can't find any official number.

Not only are there four good teams, but one is Florida State. My bet is that there are 2000 Florida State fans in the general area.

Some tickets are staring to pop up on some re-sale sites. StubHub had none last I checked.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I was told it only held 2300. Looking at the pictures, I think 2300 is closer to the truth. I can't find any official number.

Not only are there four good teams, but one is Florida State. My bet is that there are 2000 Florida State fans in the general area.

Some tickets are staring to pop up on some re-sale sites. StubHub had none last I checked.
It seats 2,200.

"The new venue seats 22-hundred, has a state of the art scoreboard and locker rooms."

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
It seats 2,200.

"The new venue seats 22-hundred, has a state of the art scoreboard and locker rooms."
Looking at the pictures, that is what I thought. So if they hold 300 tickets for the tournament officials, sold a few hundred to the public (I bought 8 for each night, and could only get four for Friday in the center sections. The rest are end-zone seats), that would leave about 1600 for the schools. The players, coaches, staff and administration account for about 100/school. That leaves 300 for the schools to sell to their fans. So my guess is that VCU's, sold based on Ram Ranking, will go pretty fast.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Well, I was travelling(In Tallahassee, FSU country) when I received the email from the group and I looked at it but couldn't buy them at the time. A saw VCU had tickets and snagged some this morning but I just got off the phone with the ticket office and now even they are out of tickets.

PS. talking with a lot of FSU people last week, they are in full football mode so I don't know if they purchased the majority of the tickets because that weekend is the same weekend of the FSU/Florida game

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009

Guess that cancels that
trip

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Well, I was travelling(In Tallahassee, FSU country) when I received the email from the group and I looked at it but couldn't buy them at the time. A saw VCU had tickets and snagged some this morning but I just got off the phone with the ticket office and now even they are out of tickets.

PS. talking with a lot of FSU people last week, they are in full football mode so I don't know if they purchased the majority of the tickets because that weekend is the same weekend of the FSU/Florida game
;) Full football meltdown mode.

• Haha
Reactions: DisplacedRam

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
;) Full football meltdown mode.

definitely but no matter how upset they are, they will still be at the Fla game

Reactions: SWV

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Got this email this morning.

Header

VCU Men’s Basketball is heading to Destin, Florida on November 29th and November 30thto compete in the Emerald Coast Classic. The Rams will play Purdue on November 29th and either Tennessee or Florida State on November 30th.

A limited number of tickets are available to Ram Athletic Fund members for this tournament. The deadline to order tickets is Friday, September 13. Ticket orders are not guaranteed and will be awarded based on your individual Ram Ranking. You will be notified if you have been awarded tickets or not by Wednesday, September 18th. Ticket orders that have already been placed will be subject to the Ram Ranking distribution policy.

To request tickets, please click here and login to your account so your Ram Ranking is associated with your order. We apologize in advance if we are unable to fulfill your request. The arena has a capacity of about 2,000 and the number of tickets provided to each school was limited.

Thank you for your support of VCU Athletics.

Go Rams!​

• Love
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM