Emerald Coast Classic

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
I’m in here somewhere, along with my 2 older VCU grad kids (oldest also attended Florida State so we will be reppin’ them also), my 2 degrees at VCU wife, my fellow grad brother in-law, and our VCU grad cousin! Go Rams go! As Bang would say, “Beat Boilermakers”!
(My youngest is an ECU student but I love them too!)

RamsFan1974

Top Member
Feb 17, 2017
Not a lot of people there.
In connection with this comment by Heel I was wondering earlier as to why these Holiday tournaments are not attended better. So many of them, no matter where they are held don't seem to draw too many souls. I was watching Wake and Charleston and bet there weren't 50 people there. Granted they were playing in Anaheim.
Would be interested in your thoughts. A few of mine:
Travel too expensive
The tournaments are about tv.
Local fans dont have interest in teams from the other side of the country. (If RVA hosted a tournament with a field of Arizona, USC, Washington and Okla State, I would show up)
Football rivalry week
Corporations buy the seats up and they end up not being used.
Holiday budgets dont have room for tournament costs.

Just curious as I idle away the time til tipoff.

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
I’m in here somewhere, along with my 2 older VCU grad kids (oldest also attended Florida State so we will be reppin’ them also), my 2 degrees at VCU wife, my fellow grad brother in-law, and our VCU grad cousin! Go Rams go! As Bang would say, “Beat Boilermakers”!
(My youngest is an ECU student but I love them too!)
One day we'll have a VCURN meetup with nametags, until then I'll have fun guessing as to who's who.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Not a lot of people there.
In connection with this comment by Heel I was wondering earlier as to why these Holiday tournaments are not attended better. So many of them, no matter where they are held don't seem to draw too many souls. I was watching Wake and Charleston and bet there weren't 50 people there. Granted they were playing in Anaheim.
Would be interested in your thoughts. A few of mine:
Travel too expensive
The tournaments are about tv.
Local fans dont have interest in teams from the other side of the country. (If RVA hosted a tournament with a field of Arizona, USC, Washington and Okla State, I would show up)
Football rivalry week
Corporations buy the seats up and they end up not being used.
Holiday budgets dont have room for tournament costs.

Just curious as I idle away the time til tipoff.
Yet not a ticket to be found anywhere, even the secondary market. I have tickets for tomorrow but couldn’t find them for tonight at any price.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Steve Lappas thinks a mid major.may win the national championship this year.