Emerald Coast Classic

Whoooosh

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Based on the showing tonight, both teams struggled to hit shots, but not sure whether that will play in our favor or not. hopefully their legs will already be tired going into it, it was a battle on both ends.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Thanks for the input. I guess businesses are buying and not using. ??
Definitely strange. I talked to some of the organizers yesterday and this is the first sellout. So maybe they will rethink how they do things going forward. Next year includes Florida which travels significantly better than FSU so they should have the same problem next year

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Definitely strange. I talked to some of the organizers yesterday and this is the first sellout. So maybe they will rethink how they do things going forward. Next year includes Florida which travels significantly better than FSU so they should have the same problem next year
It kind of feels like a Saxton Shoes thing where someone bought all of the tickets up so they could call it a “sellout.” Except they bought up the tickets too early.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
It kind of feels like a Saxton Shoes thing where someone bought all of the tickets up so they could call it a “sellout.” Except they bought up the tickets too early.
I wondered if they didn‘t sell tickets separately for each game. Does anyone know?

RamCrazy

Top Member
Insider
Mar 13, 2011
I wondered if they didn‘t sell tickets separately for each game. Does anyone know?
They sold session tickets. 2 games per session so it looked like only about half the fans were there for each game.

Reactions: SWV

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
They sold session tickets. 2 games per session so it looked like only about half the fans were there for each game.
That made for an empty arena for our game. I had a friend who went down there, and they couldn’t get enough tickets for everyone in their group, so he expected a full arena for the VCU game. Too bad. There were a lot more VCU fans who would’ve gone.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

RamCrazy

Top Member
Insider
Mar 13, 2011
That made for an empty arena for our game. I had a friend who went down there, and they couldn’t get enough tickets for everyone in their group, so he expected a full arena for the VCU game. Too bad. There were a lot more VCU fans who would’ve gone.
It kind of looked like each school was restricted to 1/4 of the sideline seats. Then maybe general admission behind the baskets? IDK but you're right they lost some fan revenue

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
I think we should skip this tournament going forward unless we don’t have another good option.

Charleston Classic
Maui Invitational
Battle 4 Atlantis
Legends Classic
NIT Tip-off
2K Sports Classic

Some group of that should be our rotation with maybe another addition or two.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
It kind of looked like each school was restricted to 1/4 of the sideline seats. Then maybe general admission behind the baskets? IDK but you're right they lost some fan revenue
Right! They could have sold each of those seats twice!!!

Reactions: RamCrazy

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I think we should skip this tournament going forward unless we don’t have another good option.

Charleston Classic
Maui Invitational
Battle 4 Atlantis
Legends Classic
NIT Tip-off
2K Sports Classic

Some group of that should be our rotation with maybe another addition or two.
DEFINITELY

Reactions: SWV