Emerald Coast Classic

Bridgewater83

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
It is amazing what perceptions people draw from what they think they see on tv.
So very true. I attended both sessions of the Emerald Coast Classic. The VCU contingent, though not the largest contingent there, was plentiful and loud.

Most fans left after their respective teams games thus giving the appearance of unsold seats on TV.

The venue was clean, easy to park (free), no bad seats, all seats close to the court, helpful staff, affordable seats, excellent college basketball with premier competition. All of this in a beautiful area in Florida's panhandle.

I fail to see why some want to "boycott" this tournament.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
And the cameras were mounted on the VCU/UT side. The Purdue and FSU fans only showed up for the second game. It also looked like a lot of the UT fans didn't come back for the Saturday game after losing the Friday game.

Reactions: Major Ram 2.0

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
And the cameras were mounted on the VCU/UT side. The Purdue and FSU fans only showed up for the second game. It also looked like a lot of the UT fans didn't come back for the Saturday game after losing the Friday game.
UT was spread through out. Very lame fanbase imo.

PuddinDaStunna

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Attended the tournament, and did not love it. Games were way too far from resort areas, getting to Destin was not easy, the hotels in the area aren’t great, and the weather was just Ok compared to other “beach” tournaments. Doubt I will attend if we play in the future.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

PuddinDaStunna

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Friday i showed my ticket; Saturday nope. No security. Concessions at the arena were limited to a hot dog on Friday as the only hot item. Quite the host venue.

Reactions: mrgeode