Recruiting ESPN TOP 100 James Boughknight:Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Looks good, but those highlights tapes are never worth much, they all look amazing in those. Looks like a nice shot and touch though. Sign’um up.

Sure they are. He blocks several shots in transition at the rim. If he has a 42" vert in high school then he'll have it college. If he hit 3's in high school with a text book shooting from then he'Ll hit them in college once adjusts to the speed of the competition.

Mr. X

Elite Member
Insider
I’d like to see one tho! Put someone’s worst on tape just to see how low their floor can be. If it is still tolerable, plus their highlights and nutso, sign them up
I could show everyone my highlight video.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Do we have a legit chance to get this explosive guy?

So far, his offer list is:

Central Conn St., UCONN, DePaul, Kansas State, UMASS, Minnesota, Rhode Island, St. Louis, Siena, Stony Brook, Temple, VCU, Georgia Tech.

I think we can compete with that field. The only one I am worried about is UCONN.

He's already visited here. He liked it....yeah I think we have a shot...he's ranked 95th in the top 100(Lavar Batts territory)...but a much more complete game than Batts or Deriante Jenkins coming out of high school...undervalued...we've got a better than say getting Wahab at this point....just my opinion.

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
So far, his offer list is:

Central Conn St., UCONN, DePaul, Kansas State, UMASS, Minnesota, Rhode Island, St. Louis, Siena, Stony Brook, Temple, VCU, Georgia Tech.

I think we can compete with that field. The only one I am worried about is UCONN.

He's already visited here. He liked it....yeah I think we have a shot...he's ranked 95th in the top 100(Lavar Batts territory)...but a much more complete game than Batts or Deriante Jenkins coming out of high school...undervalued...we've got a better than say getting Wahab at this point....just my opinion.
With that list and our program, location playas and staff this may just very well be a sneaky great get. Go get the deal closed MR!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/936074

"
The 6-4, 180-pound shooting guard was as hot as could be, dropping 33 points in a losing effort on 13-of-17 shooting, including 7-of-10 from beyond the arc. The No. 90 player in ESPN’s top 100 for 2019 hit 10 of his final 11 shots, including his final four triples, and in doing so showcased his three-level scoring ability, whether he was creating for himself or getting free off screens and burying open jumpers.

“I don’t really know, I was just playing, trying to ball,” he said. “Trying to keep my ranking, trying to prove myself.”

Bouknight picked a good time to return to form, in a showcase game that had coaches from over 40 schools looking on, including numerous head coaches, like Temple’s Fran Dunphy, UConn’s Dan Hurley and more.

Though he hadn’t been on the court in a significant way for some time, his recruitment was still going strong. Saturday’s performance is sure to only keep that going.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said. “Right now, I’m just keeping my recruitment open, I’m not making any decisions.”

Bouknight said he’s looking for “a school that plays fast, play with a lot of freedom, gets in the open court...a team that has a good culture.”

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/936074

"
The 6-4, 180-pound shooting guard was as hot as could be, dropping 33 points in a losing effort on 13-of-17 shooting, including 7-of-10 from beyond the arc. The No. 90 player in ESPN’s top 100 for 2019 hit 10 of his final 11 shots, including his final four triples, and in doing so showcased his three-level scoring ability, whether he was creating for himself or getting free off screens and burying open jumpers.

“I don’t really know, I was just playing, trying to ball,” he said. “Trying to keep my ranking, trying to prove myself.”

Bouknight picked a good time to return to form, in a showcase game that had coaches from over 40 schools looking on, including numerous head coaches, like Temple’s Fran Dunphy, UConn’s Dan Hurley and more.

Though he hadn’t been on the court in a significant way for some time, his recruitment was still going strong. Saturday’s performance is sure to only keep that going.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said. “Right now, I’m just keeping my recruitment open, I’m not making any decisions.”

Bouknight said he’s looking for “a school that plays fast, play with a lot of freedom, gets in the open court...a team that has a good culture.”
Well then. It's a lock!