Etiquette Dinners

RamTough

Top Member
Dec 14, 2009
You may have seen online that VCU is hosting etiquette dinners with student-athletes, including one with the Men's Basketball team on August 28th. The price of the ticket includes a chance to network with players and have a three course dinner with student-athletes at the Westwood Club. I've attended these dinners in the past and they're a great way to spend time with our student-athletes in a small group setting and help support their professional development. For those interested, tickets can be purchased here: https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=RAF&linkID=vcu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Reactions: HBK

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I've had an opportunity to photograph an event like this and they're a lot of fun. This seems like a great way to get a jump on learning about our new players and personnel before October. It is pricey, though, at $100 a ticket.

Reactions: HBK

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
So I will be in Richmond on Thursday and was toying with the idea of coming early to attend but now I have more questions. It says Senior student athletes. Does that mean its will only be MG and X from the men's basketball team? Will the same students be at the Sept. 5th and 6th dates? Just curious because it may be easier for me to schedule a "work" reason to be in Richmond in September and have someone else supplement my travel cost. :D

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I've been to one of these events. It is a lot of fun and pretty informative. It costs $100 per person, but it is worth it. If nothing else, hanging out with the students is incredibly worthwhile.

May 5, 2009
Eat and chew with mouth closed. Hold wine glass from the stem. Don’t burp or belch at the table. Pass gas in bathroom. Use small fork for salad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
I always have trouble remembering the vessel with the pestle, the chalice from the palace, and the flagon with the dragon...

Maybe I should go back to wine glasses...

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2