Everybody needs to take a deep breath

ramluvr99

Insider
We need to understand that the season is long, a lot can change. So far this team has been hurt by injuries and despite that come close to a few big wins. this team has talent and potential, lets at least wait until conference play until we jump ship.

if a couple calls go against us or our opponent made a few more shots we could have a 7 Game losing streak right now (that door swings both ways on coulda or woulda)

no intention to jump ship, been on board for 40+ years but right now lots of things are BROKEN

can they be fixed - not without lots of hard work

this team needs to recommit to playing top 50 half court defense and scrap the freedom MR likes to give on offense

thank goodness we are not Dayton right now!

Scuffy McGee

Elite Member
VCU has a shot at a 4 game winning streak heading into conference play at 9-4. Not the end of the world. Howard is 302 on Kenpom, Radford is 227, Northern Illinois is 312, and Navy is 185. VCU will be favored in every game probably by double digits in some. I think everyone will feel better after a 4-game winning streak and entering A10 play at 9-4.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
VCU has a shot at a 4 game winning streak heading into conference play at 9-4. Not the end of the world. Howard is 302 on Kenpom, Radford is 227, Northern Illinois is 312, and Navy is 185. VCU will be favored in every game probably by double digits in some. I think everyone will feel better after a 4-game winning streak and entering A10 play at 9-4.
I feel like they are gonna lose to Radford. In a private DM yesterday I admitted to a board member that VCU was gonna lose last night by the way.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I wouldn’t feel a bit better about beating 4 crap teams. All it does is make Rhoades’ record appear acceptable to people that don’t pay close attention.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I feel like they are gonna lose to Radford. In a private DM yesterday I admitted to a board member that VCU was gonna lose last night by the way.
You said it to me on the concourse on the way in. At that point in the evening I was mostly perplexed that they didn’t have potato chips or anything else to eat with my sandwich.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
You said it to me on the concourse on the way in. At that point in the evening I was mostly perplexed that they didn’t have potato chips or anything else to eat with my sandwich.
Yeah, how in the world could I go into a game thinking VCU was gonna lose a buy game to Jacksonville? Oh, I watch the team play it was evident to me. I am upset that you did not get chips and had a bone in your processed chicken sandwich. And that I got smacked in the face by a t-shirt while trying to watch the game. VCU does not hit many 3 pointers so I was not looking out for a t-shirt to be chucked at me.

Scuffy McGee

Elite Member
I wouldn’t feel a bit better about beating 4 crap teams. All it does is make Rhoades’ record appear acceptable to people that don’t pay close attention.
If VCU loses any of their next 4 games, I’m supportive of major shakeups or changes. An L in the next 4 games at home is unacceptable. Jacksonville to me honestly isn’t a horrific team. Not great but much better than any of VCU’s next OOC opponents.

I told a VCU fan yesterday at work if we came out thinking we’d just roll they would beat us handily. That was worse than I expected.

for some you may be right BUT what it will take for me to feel better is
  1. a team that plays with urgency for at least 30 minutes each game (not a 5 minute stretch when down by double digits)
  2. some emotion from our whole team, on the floor, on the bench and those coaches with their matching outfits
  3. an offense where we make passes that lead to BASKETS (known as ASSISTS - yeah real tongue in cheek here - we need our assist to FG ratio to be in the 60-70% range
  4. halt this insanity of letting shooters the freedom to launch 3s when they cannot hit 30% of them (shriver, johns and jackson)
  5. would love to see our players thank our fans after each game (love to see those teams get together after a game in a circle and then go acknowledge the fans - show some humility and gratitude)
  6. go Rams

for some you may be right BUT what it will take for me to feel better is
  1. a team that plays with urgency for at least 30 minutes each game (not a 5 minute stretch when down by double digits)
  2. some emotion from our whole team, on the floor, on the bench and those coaches with their matching outfits
  3. an offense where we make passes that lead to BASKETS (known as ASSISTS - yeah real tongue in cheek here - we need our assist to FG ratio to be in the 60-70% range
  4. halt this insanity of letting shooters the freedom to launch 3s when they cannot hit 30% of them (shriver, johns and jackson)
  5. would love to see our players thank our fans after each game (love to see those teams get together after a game in a circle and then go acknowledge the fans - show some humility and gratitude)
  6. go Rams
#5 is the most cringe, Karen, terrible horrible point ever made as a suggestion on this board.
Point 1-Im not seeing the team be lazy
Point 2-ehhh they are there to play to show emotion.
#3 and #4-I agree.