Fan Support for the Womens Team

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Ok, so as stated on the other thread I definitely believe we need to show support to the womens team just like we do the mens team.

They are very under represented and under supported and that it needs to change. We need more students, more fans and more alumni to come to our game. slow but surely we've been getting more fans...a few at a time..and we've gotten the pep band to come to the womens game regularly....which they didnt do when i first got to VCU

But now we just need to get more fans involved in the game... if teams like ODU, JMU and them can get lots of fans to their womens games...why cant we?

RamChris

Insider
Yeah. My goal is to go to at least 3 women's games this year. This would triple my attendance from last year. When I was in North Carolina for a couple years in high school, the women's varsity would play just before the men's varsity, and their games were almost as exciting as the men's. The crowds were great, and this is in the late sixties.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
RamChris said:
Yeah. My goal is to go to at least 3 women's games this year. This would triple my attendance from last year. When I was in North Carolina for a couple years in high school, the women's varsity would play just before the men's varsity, and their games were almost as exciting as the men's. The crowds were great, and this is in the late sixties.

the womens games here are the same way... they are just as exciting as the mens sometimes n they are great athletes like the mens team is

I plan on attending as many women's games as I can this season.
I think the popularity will increase a tad bit due to the 6th man rewards making people attend more women's game this season. Kudos to this because sometimes women's game are really fun to watch and attend with a few friends.

We have a really good program, let's start showing some them some support.
GO RAMS!!!

I'm so excited to see I'm not the only one who supports the women's team... We are all Rams... Regardless of gender!!! Let's go Rams!!!

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
iLove VCU said:
I'm so excited to see I'm not the only one who supports the women's team... We are all Rams... Regardless of gender!!! Let's go Rams!!!

yup Kazie & I have supported them since our freshmen year at VCU...and even tho im not at VCU this year.. im still supporting em... great coaching staff, friendly players who are great athletes, and lots of fun at womens games

RowdyPkunk said:
iLove VCU said:

yup Kazie & I have supported them since our freshmen year at VCU...and even tho im not at VCU this year.. im still supporting em... great coaching staff, friendly players who are great athletes, and lots of fun at womens games

Oh freshman year...the good ol' days.

I been missing only a couple of games if any as a student alongside Pkunk and Kazie but sadly I see that streak ending this year. Hopefully after graduation I can catch some. WBB games are sweet especially when chilling in the C section.