Favorite Moment from this Season

Ramikin

Elite Member
Insider
I think when I look back, I’ll remember how this was the worst year of my life. I’ll remember the moments when it felt like my Rams were the only thing I had to look forward to or get excited about. So every moment, really. Every second they were on the floor playing their hearts out was a window to normalcy that I clung to. I wish I could hug everyone of them and say “thank you”. More was asked of this team than any other—the sacrifices, the risks, the disruption of their daily lives. They answered with total devotion to each other and the program. What an extraordinary group of young men. I love them.

Dr Joe

Elite Member
Insider
I think when I look back, I’ll remember how this was the worst year of my life. I’ll remember the moments when it felt like my Rams were the only thing I had to look forward to or get excited about. So every moment, really. Every second they were on the floor playing their hearts out was a window to normalcy that I clung to. I wish I could hug everyone of them and say “thank you”. More was asked of this team than any other—the sacrifices, the risks, the disruption of their daily lives. They answered with total devotion to each other and the program. What an extraordinary group of young men. I love them.
Said so well for so many of us!!!

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Well said.

SteveMM

Elite Member
I think my favorite was watching VCU play Utah St. on so little notice and winning by 16. We knew NOTHING about this team because the media wasn't allowed into practice and we didn't even get a Black & Gold game. Watching them play, it was fairly apparent that it wasn't simply a situation of them playing a bad Utah St. team (and it certainly wasn't, since the Aggies got to the big dance) but that there was something special about this incredibly young group of players. I remember thinking at multiple points during the game, "We've got something special here."

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
26 times since November the VCU Men's Basketball program has provided me some appointment television.
I'll never forget our comeback in SD against Utah State. My heart was thumping when we had multiple steals and the announcer said "Vintage VCU Basketball."

I love my school and I love this program. If someone told me that in the next 10 years after the F4 run we'd qualify for 8 NCAA Tournaments I would have taken that 6 days a week and twice on fudgeing Sunday. We are in good hands and I'm already itching to be back in relatively packed Stu in November.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Too many things to list.... every Bones to Ward (and Ace to Ward) alley-oop. Beating SLU without Bones or Curry.... really showed how good we are imo.

Win Or Lose.... anytime I got to watch this team this year... I was happy.

HAVOC still lives here

Elite Member
Buddy, I have to say that this is one of the most moving, touching passages I have read and it certainly falls true for me. Thank you for speaking straight from the heart. I only hope the team gets the opportunity to read your post because I’m sure it rings true for all of RAMNATION!

I think my favorite was watching VCU play Utah St. on so little notice and winning by 16. We knew NOTHING about this team because the media wasn't allowed into practice and we didn't even get a Black & Gold game. Watching them play, it was fairly apparent that it wasn't simply a situation of them playing a bad Utah St. team (and it certainly wasn't, since the Aggies got to the big dance) but that there was something special about this incredibly young group of players. I remember thinking at multiple points during the game, "We've got something special here."

It was that whole weekend for me. Being home with my partner, she and I not seeing my family for Thanksgiving. It was bringing a sense of normalcy- Seeing those young men doing the things I have come to expect out of a VCU team over the last 21 years. Watching them play hard, no matter their circumstances, representing the university well, made me want to find another gear too, after a year of malaise and telework, and cancelled plans. No matter the heartbreaking outcome, this is what I will remember.

Scubacane

Elite Member
Too many things to list.... every Bones to Ward (and Ace to Ward) alley-oop. Beating SLU without Bones or Curry.... really showed how good we are imo.

Win Or Lose.... anytime I got to watch this team this year... I was happy.
I assume you mean the alley- oops he actually finished. For everyone he hit, it seemed to me that he missed 2 others. I don’t blame Ward for all those, some of the passes were to be desired.
I’m sure next season they will get them down

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I assume you mean the alley- oops he actually finished. For everyone he hit, it seemed to me that he missed 2 others. I don’t blame Ward for all those, some of the passes were to be desired.
I’m sure next season they will get them down
I mean obviously the ones that were finished... but even the ones that weren't finished.... some of them looked very promising... but not all of those were on him.

And for not having much of an off season AGAIN last year... Ward and Ace had really good years & I think it's only going to get bigger & better.