FGMU Basketball Dev Center

What? No hot towel racks? I'm sure many of their grads will be clamoring for the restroom attendant jobs.

If AFLAC stops hiring they'll need em'!
gallery_aflac_duck.jpg

Quack!

vcu70

Elite Member
I'm curious about something and never heard it brought up here. We spent 25 million on the BDC, with equal amounts I assume, to totally separate and equal facilities for the men and the women without any sharing what-so-ever as far as I know. How many other places do that?

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I'm curious about something and never heard it brought up here. We spent 25 million on the BDC, with equal amounts I assume, to totally separate and equal facilities for the men and the women without any sharing what-so-ever as far as I know. How many other places do that?

The UConn women don't share their facility with the men's team. They are trying to maintain the neighborhood.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
That's just phase one guys. 15 all total I think.

Read the article. The BDC is just a piece of the $15 million plan. They are also doing enhancements to Eagle Bank Arena, including renovating the game day locker rooms which is costing $1.2 million.

vcu70

Elite Member
Read the article. The BDC is just a piece of the $15 million plan. They are also doing enhancements to Eagle Bank Arena, including renovating the game day locker rooms which is costing $1.2 million.
I did, it all BB enhancement money.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I did, it all BB enhancement money.

But it is not all practice facility money. It's also money going towards upgrades at Eagle Bank Arena Regarding the basketball practice facility, they are basically taking an existing building, putting lipstick on it and calling it the new dedicated practice facility. Below is from the article:

"With the current landscape of budgets and funding, the basketball redesign abides by the university's vision of creativity in using existing resources with respect to cost. The renovation of "Cage Gym" represents a cost savings of approximately $13 million when compared to the establishment of a new stand-alone facility."