For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Many of these teams being discussed hardly ever win their own conference championship let a natty. exception maybe JMU.

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
Fair point but that outcome would be an absolute best case scenario for the dukes. I don't seem them going undefeated in even the Sunbelt anytime soon (mainly based on how ODU was blowing the doors off of fcs teams with Heineke and now has won one FBS game in 2 seasons)

Also entirely possible that I'm being a bit salty based on how JMU fans are so outraged by the Caa barring them from post season play after it was confirmed that they voted to enforce the same rule against ODU when they left, lol
I just think it was foolish of their AD to officially make the announcement before the end of the 21-22 school year. If they just waited until June 2022 then they would have been eligible for post season and the CAA's automatic qualifier. After all, that's what VCU did in 2012...

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I just think it was foolish of their AD to officially make the announcement before the end of the 21-22 school year. If they just waited until June 2022 then they would have been eligible for post season and the CAA's automatic qualifier. After all, that's what VCU did in 2012...
Might be true but the Sunbelt wants an answer and it had to go through the state legislature...which is public. And I am not sure the Sunbelt wanted to keep the info on the downlow. The Sunbelt has sponsors it wants to keep or get...they can't very well say, "Well, we know but we can't tell you" to the sponsors....and the fans.....and the other schools and their donors.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
JMU will be fine. They’re not going to pull a Coastal Carolina or anything but I really can’t see them struggling in FBS either. They and NDSU are the two FCS teams I always felt would do well in FBS. (NDSU should move up but they don’t have the facilities or $$$ to do so.)

Actually, NDSU has both the facilities and money to move up to FBS. They have a much stronger fan base than JMU. Their problem has to do more with location and which FBS conference would be a good fit for them.