For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

BigE

Elite Member
UNIVERSITY of ARKANSAS @LITTLE ROCK MOVES FROM SBC TO OVC.
OVC_Graphic.jpg
OVC_Graphic.jpg

BigE

Elite Member
Says a lot about the Sunbelt expansion.
What it says it that they got the hint. Since UALR and UT-Arlington don't play football; they were politely asked to leave before the others came aboard. UTA is in discussion with MVC along with a couple of others as the Valley want to get to 12 members.

Last edited:

BradRamFan

Elite Member
What it says it that they got the hint. Since UALR and UT-Arlington don't play football; they were politely asked to leave before the others came aboard. UTA is in discussion with MVC along with a couple of others as the Valley want to get to 12 members.
We have a couple of teams in the A10 who don't play or don't know how to play competitive, high level basketball. It would be great if we could give them the hint and they'd leave.

IstanbulRam

Elite Member
Saint Louis made it to the elite eight in men's soccer and Dayton made it to the sweet 16 in women's volleyball.

A lot of talk has been had about VCU having superior olympic sports teams compared to our A10 colleagues. I personally don't know how true that is but I'd love for someone to inform me otherwise.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Saint Louis made it to the elite eight in men's soccer and Dayton made it to the sweet 16 in women's volleyball.

A lot of talk has been had about VCU having superior olympic sports teams compared to our A10 colleagues. I personally don't know how true that is but I'd love for someone to inform me otherwise.
VCU Baseball has been consistently good/great in the A10 (conference champs 2017/2019/2021) NCAA Tourney in 2015/2021
VCU Tennis Mens/Womens RULES A10 play since the beginning
VCU Men's soccer is usually top 3 or 4 NCAA Tourney 3 or 4 times since joining the A10
VCU Women's soccer is usually top 3 or 4. They made the Conference Championships 3 years since joining A10
VCU Men's Golf RULES A10 play (couple guys currently Pro)
VCU Women's Basketball usually Top half or better Made NCAA Tourney in 2021
VCU Women's Track consistently Top 3...multiple NCAA qualifiers
VCU Men's Track....not as successful as the ladies, still has NCAA qualifiers
VCU Women's Volleyball usually top half 2017 A10 champs and NCAA Tourney

Just sayin VCU/A10 success is pretty big all around and has occasional ebbs and flows for some sports

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
VCU Baseball has been consistently good/great in the A10 (conference champs 2017/2019/2021) NCAA Tourney in 2015/2021
VCU Men's soccer is usually top 3 or 4 NCAA Tourney 3 or 4 times since joining the A10
VCU Women's soccer is usually top 3 or 4. They made the Conference Championships 3 years since joining A10

Just sayin VCU/A10 success is pretty big all around and has occasional ebbs and flows for some sports
The Field Hockey team is pretty badass these days as well.

VCU Heel

Elite Member

VCU won 3-4 conference championships last year. I don’t think any other school won more than 1. Someone with more time can look this up to confirm.

On top of that, once the athletic village is complete, VCU should have the best facilities in the conference by a mile.

Ramaholic

Elite Member

Womens track is the best Womens track program in the A10. usually 1st or 2nd. Mens track is starting to rise and should be on par with the women in a year or 2. Both programs have produced Olympians.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
VCU won 3-4 conference championships last year. I don’t think any other school won more than 1. Someone with more time can look this up to confirm.

On top of that, once the athletic village is complete, VCU should have the best facilities in the conference by a mile.
VCU won championships in field hockey, women's basketball, women's tennis, men's tennis, women's outdoor track & field, and baseball last year. The only other schools to win more than one championship were Richmond (cross country and women's swimming), GW (men's swimming and softball), and Rhody (men's outdoor track & field and rowing). Needless to say, VCU dominated the conference last year.

Last edited:

Ram20ROB

Elite Member

Last year's results: VCU won 6 championships (4 women, 2 men), Rhode Island won 2, nine schools took home 1, and 3 schools (GMU, LaSalle, & St Joe) didn't win a single conference title.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Womens track is the best Womens track program in the A10. usually 1st or 2nd. Mens track is starting to rise and should be on par with the women in a year or 2. Both programs have produced Olympians.

You are going to see both track programs rise even further now that both are finally fully funded scholarship wise. That increase in funding only happened within the last year, and both track programs were still extremely competitive prior although they were at a disadvantage scholarship wise.