For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

Mistachill

Elite Member
Also, @2012Ram ....that link is really interesting to dive into. Glad to see Dayton/VCU/SLU lumped in together in the 70's for overall basketball $$$'s
No surprise LaSalle is at the bottom of the A10...they REALLY need to Sh#t or get off the pot in regards to their A10 future....just relegate yourselves already!!
Hartford only spends around $650K less than La Salle and they've decided to go D-3 by 2025.

SteveMM

Elite Member
While I love the idea of the Shockers joining the A10, one thing Belmont has on them is proximity to the actual Atlantic Ocean. They're not close, but they're closer than Kansas.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Having spent time in both cities, I much prefer to travel to Nashville any day of the week and twice on Sunday
All other things equal, I'd take the Shockers. In the real world, Nashville sounds like a wildly better option for alumni/booster trips - kind of like Tulane.

Mistachill

Elite Member
All other things equal, I'd take the Shockers. In the real world, Nashville sounds like a wildly better option for alumni/booster trips - kind of like Tulane.
I think the Shockers probably have more potential for doing something big time nationally. But I think both are viable options. What concerns me is the conference getting too big without having a couple of the bottom feeders make a move elsewhere (which doesn't seem likely).

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
They just cut baseball, softball, men's and women's tennis, volleyball, and men's water polo.
Did that bring them down to the NCAA minimum? It is a tough situation to be in, but there is really nothing about college athletics or academics that is sustainable so there are going to have to be some difficult decisions made for many universities in the coming years.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Did that bring them down to the NCAA minimum? It is a tough situation to be in, but there is really nothing about college athletics or academics that is sustainable so there are going to have to be some difficult decisions made for many universities in the coming years.
Yeah, they are at the minimum for men but not for women (they have 7 men's sports and 10 women's sports).