For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

You must be really fun to talk to at parties.

It’s called being realistic. Sorry some of us take off the black and gold glasses. A10 is not gonna bring in a massive contract. That’s reality. Basketball isn’t as big of a deal as football. Even the Big East isn’t rolling in cash and they are significantly more marketable than the A10. We other work with what we have or we make a majorly drastic move like looking into major football (Which is quite unrealistic unless some super rich alum rolls up to personally fund it.). Football isn’t happening so best scenario is try to be the head of the A10 and eventually get a possible BE invite. The big contracts go to the power/super conferences. If we’re looking to get more money it’s going to come from donations. The most we might see is our tv contract double maybe.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
It’s called being realistic. Sorry some of us take off the black and gold glasses. A10 is not gonna bring in a massive contract. That’s reality. Basketball isn’t as big of a deal as football. Even the Big East isn’t rolling in cash and they are significantly more marketable than the A10. We other work with what we have or we make a majorly drastic move like looking into major football (Which is quite unrealistic unless some super rich alum rolls up to personally fund it.). Football isn’t happening so best scenario is try to be the head of the A10 and eventually get a possible BE invite. The big contracts go to the power/super conferences. If we’re looking to get more money it’s going to come from donations. The most we might see is our tv contract double maybe.
You can take off the black and gold glasses and still be a little happier and not state the obvious in a negative way on a regular basis.
I'm well aware that basketball doesn't drive college athletics and that is not changing. Currently VCU just can only control what they control. We could make 4 or 5 straight second weekends in the NCAAs and that still may not make a difference to the Big East. A10 is what we are in right now and we just need to deal with it.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Nothing worse than those that constantly shade the program under the guise of "keeping it real"
No kidding, I'd love if the program was as "hype" as it was in the post F4 peak Shaka era 11-12 thru 14-15, but at the same time those four years resulted in a total of 2 NCAA Tournament wins. There's still a ton that the VCU Men's Basketball program has going for it and I am optimistic that the next few years can be really rewarding.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
No kidding, I'd love if the program was as "hype" as it was in the post F4 peak Shaka era 11-12 thru 14-15, but at the same time those four years resulted in a total of 2 NCAA Tournament wins. There's still a ton that the VCU Men's Basketball program has going for it and I am optimistic that the next few years can be really rewarding.
Hopefully at least this year.