For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Heel. I understand where you are coming from. Let me point out that WVU has a long history of playing ACC teams. Pitt, Boston College, Va Tech, Syracuse, Louisville. Florida State. Even recall playing UVA. Also Penn State and Maryland. I have been in attendance for those games and no one brought of the issue of academics.
I was specifically talking about the Big Ten, which is a no go for WVU.

The ACC’s academic requirements aren’t as stringent, but they still have some. More than that though, WVU doesn’t bring much and some of those teams you listed don’t really like them. There are other teams that the ACC will likely look to first.

I was specifically talking about the Big Ten, which is a no go for WVU.

The ACC’s academic requirements aren’t as stringent, but they still have some. More than that though, WVU doesn’t bring much and some of those teams you listed don’t really like them. There are other teams that the ACC will likely look to first.
Don’t like them. What are you talking about?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Don’t like them. What are you talking about?
There were some severe altercations between WVU fans and a couple ACC teams fans in the stands years ago. Not just typical stuff. I believe it was enough that those schools stopped playing WVU in football. It’s been a decade or more, so I can’t find any articles about it at the moment.

There were some severe altercations between WVU fans and a couple ACC teams fans in the stands years ago. Not just typical stuff. I believe it was enough that those schools stopped playing WVU in football. It’s been a decade or more, so I can’t find any articles about it at the moment.

The ACC isn’t gonna keep a program out because a few drunk idiots started some stuff. College sports is about money. WVU is a money maker. I guarantee OK and Texas have had drunk brawls. You think the SEC is gonna be like “Your fans got in some stupid fights. We don’t want you because of that.”

Heel, your snobbish, bias is showing. I am sure there have been incidents of fighting, especially when one has consumed too much moonshine. It is not isolated to WVU. Should Va. Tech and Maryland cancel the games this season with WVU because of academics? BTW, UR and ODU do not like us and we still play them. WVU will continue in the Big 12 as they have no alternative.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
The ACC isn’t gonna keep a program out because a few drunk idiots started some stuff. College sports is about money. WVU is a money maker. I guarantee OK and Texas have had drunk brawls. You think the SEC is gonna be like “Your fans got in some stupid fights. We don’t want you because of that.”
It was enough that yearly rivalries were permanently ended. We’re not talking a couple random brawls.

And if the ACC wanted WVU, then they would have added them in one of the last 3 expansions. WVU was desperate for a place to go when the Big East collapsed and the only reason they went to the Big 12 was because it was the only conference that would take them. They almost got totally left out like Cincinnati.

The ACC may end up adding WVU, but they will look at a couple other options first.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Heel, your snobbish, bias is showing. I am sure there have been incidents of fighting, especially when one has consumed too much moonshine. It is not isolated to WVU. Should Va. Tech and Maryland cancel the games this season with WVU because of academics? BTW, UR and ODU do not like us and we still play them. WVU will continue in the Big 12 as they have no alternative.
LMFAO… the truth isn’t snobbish. It’s just the truth. The ACC hasn’t wanted WVU in multiple expansions. Cincinnati is a better option at this point.

LMFAO… the truth isn’t snobbish. It’s just the truth. The ACC hasn’t wanted WVU in multiple expansions. Cincinnati is a better option at this point.
Unfounded rumors:
"Former Pitt head coach turned FOX Sports analyst, Dave Wannstedt told 670TheScore in Chicago that he heard at the FOX meetings last week that West Virginia will be going to the ACC, Oklahoma State and Kansas State will head to the PAC 12, and Kansas and Iowa State to the Big Ten."

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Unfounded rumors:
"Former Pitt head coach turned FOX Sports analyst, Dave Wannstedt told 670TheScore in Chicago that he heard at the FOX meetings last week that West Virginia will be going to the ACC, Oklahoma State and Kansas State will head to the PAC 12, and Kansas and Iowa State to the Big Ten."
I guess we’ll just see.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
Unfounded rumors:
Pac 12 announced they're not expanding at this time.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Unfounded rumors:
Latest is Big12 remainders stay together with BYU & UCF as the prime targets to get to 10, and Cincinnatti, Houston and Boisie State as potentials for further expansion. BYU apparently delivers eyeballs nationally and consistently, hence the heat. The Athletic had an article on this and I think ESPN has as well.

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Unfounded rumors:
Dave Wannstedt has no Deep Throat in the BigXI or any other conference for that matter. He’s just like every other swingin’ dirk out there. They all got a**holes and they all got an opinion, and they both stink.

Havoc City

Elite Member
Unfounded rumors:
Dave Wannstedt failed everywhere he ever coached. With the Pac 12 admission that they aren't expanding, he has failed again.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
The 11 team BE could find themselves on the outside looking in if the "Alliance" decides to shut them out and only play other alliance teams. Or perhaps the Alliance could make a pack with the BE and say, the "Alliance will refuse all SEC games. If you also refuse all SEC games, Alliance teams will work with you to schedule games for the OOC....we have some good basketball teams." That would weaken the SEC OOC schedule which could take a toll a few years down the line.
Alternatively the BE could decide to grow if they get shut out of P4/5 games during OOC. Although there are still some good bball teams in AAC and A10 they could schedule to bolster their OOC.
But anyway you look at it, the P4/5 are all circling their wagons trying to claim all the toys for themselves while leaving everyone else on the outside. Going to be an interesting and perhaps difficult decade coming up both for non-P4/5 football as well as basketball.