For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

RESRam

Insider
Dick Law, a good essay. I take it personally when you infer that my degree came from an "academic inferior university." It seemed to be good enough when I applied for a teaching job at VCU where I taught for 36 years. I had offers from Virginia Tech, Coe College and Oregon State. I agreed to accept the position at VCU since my wife was a graduate of RPI and loved the city of Richmond. I have received several teaching awards along with several peer reviewed publications and HAVE TAUGHT SEVERAL ON THIS BOARD as well as numerous basketball players. I have also taught as a visiting Professor for the University of Iowa in Italy, the UR MBA program and Boston University in Germany. No slouch of schools. My classmates have had professorships at Northeastern, Georgetown, St Louis University among other places. A classmate of mine at WVU recently retired from VCU as a distinguished professor. There are many WVU graduates and several MD's living and working in Richmond. The alumni association is very active. Please do not sell us short. PS. I root for VCU when we play WVU.
I had the good Doctor for classes, undergrad and graduate I believe. I found his teaching methods to be both instructive and challenging. Just gave up on trying to find both of my transcripts, they are around here somewhere😄. Was interested in finding out how I did in his class.

I had the good Doctor for classes, undergrad and graduate I believe. I found his teaching methods to be both instructive and challenging. Just gave up on trying to find both of my transcripts, they are around here somewhere😄. Was interested in finding out how I did in his class.
You got a most deserving A.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Dick Law, a good essay. I take it personally when you infer that my degree came from an "academic inferior university." It seemed to be good enough when I applied for a teaching job at VCU where I taught for 36 years. I had offers from Virginia Tech, Coe College and Oregon State. I agreed to accept the position at VCU since my wife was a graduate of RPI and loved the city of Richmond. I have received several teaching awards along with several peer reviewed publications and have taught several on this board as well as numerous basketball players. I have also taught as a visiting Professor for the University of Iowa in Italy, the UR MBA program and Boston University in Germany. No slouch of schools. My classmates have had professorships at Northeastern, Georgetown, St Louis University among other places. A classmate of mine at WVU recently retired from VCU as a distinguished professor. There are many WVU graduates and several MD's living and working in Richmond. The alumni association is very active. Please do not sell us short. PS. I root for VCU when we play WVU.
WVU being a good university has nothing to do with why the ACC might not want to create a permanent relationship with them. These spots are permanent and these are the last spots. I have no problem with WVU, but the last spots are going to be really hard to get. And Notre Dame is going to decide how this moves.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Good point. As long as there is no commitment from the University of Notre Dame then there will be no 4 X 16 P4 Super Conferences and the Have Nots rejoice!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
WV in general is stuck in the 1960's or 1970's in infrastructure, mentality, and general thought processes. Perhaps academic institutions such as Marshall and WVU are in 2021 and are attempting to pull WV up by their bootstraps, but as a state and people, they are very backwards people who fight tooth and nail against moving forward.......and/or very accepting and proud of being one step behind all others.
That is what I gathered from my over a decade of living there.
The people there are great, friendly, very open and giving......but man, they do seem to enjoy living in the past.

New isnt necessarily better.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
I'm just tired of the Vanderbilts and the Wake Forests get a 'free skate'. Regulation is necessary imho. Floors and ceilings have changed for many the last 50 years.

Hypothetically, what would y'all think of joining the B12 if BYU joins as a football only member?

BracketForecast

Elite Member
if the Big XII nabs UCF, Houston, and Cincy, then you better believe Wichita, Memphis, and Temple will be looking for a better home for basketball and Olympic sports. We would be absolutely nuts not to offer a home to at least 2 of them.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
if the Big XII nabs UCF, Houston, and Cincy, then you better believe Wichita, Memphis, and Temple will be looking for a better home for basketball and Olympic sports. We would be absolutely nuts not to offer a home to at least 2 of them.
I'd love to have Wichita and Memphis (yes, Memphis, they have not had a losing season since 1998-99) join the A-10. I'm not so sure about Temple, they haven't been the same since they went to the AAC.

Mercury

Elite Member

I don't see the AAC letting Temple/Memphis staying as football only members and I doubt either program is interested in dropping their football to independent to join the A-10.