For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

Ululating Daddy

Elite Member
Coastal, app state and Liberty 🤮, would all be good ads for the aac. They're all serious about football. Right now coastal is ranked and Liberty and app state getting votes
Liberty will be the tell. Whatever else you may think about the institution, you can't doubt their financial commitment to football, or understate their ambition.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

With UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati moving on from the AAC, it’s believed a program like JMU could make a move from the Colonial Athletic Association and the FCS to a conference at the FBS level. WHSV reached out to administrators at James Madison for comment about potential conference realignment for the Dukes. The following statement was released from JMU Director of Athletics Jeff Bourne and President Jonathan Alger:

“We wholeheartedly believe that James Madison University brings value to any conference as an outstanding academic institution with a broad athletics program featuring success across multiple sports. We will continue to work actively to ensure that JMU is in the best position for its future so as to continue providing the ideal experience for our student-athletes

Temple, Memphis and Wichita State are left behind. Bernie should at least give them a call.
Certainly can't hurt. Memphis is in a little bit of a pickle due to football as is Temple, but to a lesser degree I think. Does WSU play football?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Certainly can't hurt. Memphis is in a little bit of a pickle due to football as is Temple, but to a lesser degree I think. Does WSU play football?
No. They cut football in the 80s. They have fielded studies about restarting a football program but nobody wants to pay for it.

Ramcounter

Elite Member
It is what holds them back but someone would need to take a flier on them.
Would they want to go to the Sun Belt or MAC? I have to wonder what the scholarship difference in the era of the transfer portal even means.