For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
wow the changes are coming fast and furiously, now its the Big East's turn ha

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
If JMU is going to jump up to FBS, they would be absolutely foolish to join C-USA. I don't think they will, though.
The thing nobody is talking about is JMU athletics. They use 90% of student fees to fund athletics. In FBS you can only use up to 40%. Can JMU afford it and is it worth a bid to the Gasparilla Bowl?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
It hasn't paid off for ODU or the current CUSA members.
I don’t know. I haven’t looked through all of the rosters in CUSA to see how many Tidewater recruits all of them have on their rosters. But Tidewater high school football in one of the best recruiting hotspots in the country.

rvaram

Elite Member
Why would Liberty go CUsa instead of Sunbelt at this point? Call up the marshall AD and say we'll both go. At that point ODU would I guess take football independent and put on the fish nets and heels and try to get the a10 to let them in.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Why would Liberty go CUsa instead of Sunbelt at this point? Call up the marshall AD and say we'll both go. At that point ODU would I guess take football independent and put on the fish nets and heels and try to get the a10 to let them in.
Maybe the Sunbelt doesn’t want a Christofascist university.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
This may in fact be why no one has invited them yet. Same deal with Bob Jones University when they joined D3, all the conferences there have been avoiding them like the plague.

rvaram

Elite Member
Would be the fist time in the conference realignment error that anyone let their morals get in the way of making a dollar but certainly possible. Although I think, at least on the surface, it helps that Falwell is no longer there.

rvaram

Elite Member

I wonder if this old dirty trying to wish this into fruition or if the belt thinks the Hampton Roads media market and their other sports make it worth adding their anchor of a football team to the conference.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

I wonder if this old dirty trying to wish this into fruition or if the belt thinks the Hampton Roads media market and their other sports make it worth adding their anchor of a football team to the conference.
Hampton Roads really is an untapped large media market with only one FBS team in it, so it would be worth at least considering. Of course, that one FBS team really, really sucks…