For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

BigE

Elite Member
UTEP needs to go west The new WAC would gladly accept them. They have their arch-rival NMSU and an easier path to The Dance.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
TL;DR coaches are happy with conference composition and round robin, but open to the possibility of expansion.

I get coaches and fans liking the equity of round robin, but it adds 0 value to Media partners. Yes, having 2x Villanova Georgetown or Crieghton games is great, but those 2nd Villanova-DePaul/Butler/SJU/Providence matchups aren't taking in views.

Last edited:

Mercury

Elite Member
The thing that makes me laugh is that ODU felt the need to move up to the C-USA for football and now they are excited about the prospect of being in a conference with JMU , Liberty and hoping Marshall helps them out in this barren quagmire of a conference. :lol:

When ODU left the CAA their fan base felt that CUSA was a waste of time and was just a holding spot until their inevitable AAC invite.

bones being picked dry. The latest rumor having USM, Marshall and ODU going to the Belt. They are also courting JMU.
Poor Marshall. They were pretty legit.

They kept moving “up” conferences after the D1 move. Now a league with most membership being schools who we 1AA ten minutes ago. Right back where they started. I would call the MAAC

Violet Ram

Elite Member
This article is fluff and BS. I was told in no uncertain terms on this board that 1. The Big East had no reason to expand and if they did it would only be like 1 team. So I call BS on this article 🤷‍♂️
It is fluff but calling BS on quoting Ed Cooley? Huh?

This and other articles are pointing to Big East expansion, whether 1 or multiple teams is yet to be seen. I read these as "we're happy as we are now, but we're going to sell out for a larger media contract.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
It is fluff but calling BS on quoting Ed Cooley? Huh?

This and other articles are pointing to Big East expansion, whether 1 or multiple teams is yet to be seen. I read these as "we're happy as we are now, but we're going to sell out for a larger media contract.
So until the official sarcasm emoji is added, I see I will just need to keep finding them on my own

BigE

Elite Member
Not no but heck no.
Not just Heck no but...
madeas-big-happy-family-tyler-perry.gif

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
I was a VCU student in '93/94/95 when we got screwed over by the Metro puppet masters and they formed their precious little Conference USA...I care more about literally all that is and has ever been than I do about that conference and any school that is or has ever been a part of it.

Conference USA I WILL DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!!! Denny Crum is waiting for you in H E L L !!
giphy.gif