For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
If we could reduce the number of conference members, we could increase the chances of winning a conference championship! I say 8 teams max. LOL!
And significantly reduce the attractiveness of the conference to media providers.....fewer members, fewer markets, fewer games......less revenue

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Let's just hope that they don't call it the Superleague-- that name has lost some cache in the last 72 hours lol
That would be a GREAT league to be in....heckuva geographical footprint as well.

My only issue would be St. Joe's.....sticks out like a gangrenous thumb on that list of heavy hitters. If you really needed an East Coast team in/near a major metropolitan area?? I'd suggest Rhody or Iona....maybe an Albany....ALL more relevant than St. Joe's of late. The Hawk is dead

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
The Hawk is Dead.

Ryan Daly ate it.
The Hawk is an eldritch creature beyond human ken and cannot die. Even now, lying not dead but dreaming in poor, foolish Daly's stomach, its power grows and its flapping legions multiply. It is quiescent now, but who can say when it will burst forth, ushering in a new Age of the Hawk, a red time of talons? Woe! The hum of the kegerator may even yet disturb its slumber - today!

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I'm still out your opinion that basketball and football should be separate. With that in mind I'd make a league from Maryland down to NC.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
I could be okay with that conference with a few changes.

Remove Liberty and Georgia State.
Add Dayton and St. Louis.

That would be a good start.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
This would be a pretty good basketball conference that would probably get anywhere from 6-8 teams in the tournament each year. The only real downside is the lack of the DC and NYC markets.

East Division:
Temple
Cincinnati
Dayton
VCU
ODU
East Carolina/Charlotte
Central Florida
South Florida

West Division:
Wichita State
St. Louis