For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

BigE

Elite Member
Sun Belt has two non-footbasll playing members UT-Arlington and AR-Little Rock. Allegedly there is a mutual understanding between the SBC, UTA, and Little Rock that it would be in all parties' best interests for those two schools to go to new conferences that don't sponsor FBS football. ::)

BradRamFan

Elite Member
And ODU basketball continues it's downward plummet. Heck CUSA was above the Sunbelt....certainly in basketball and pretty even in football. Now ODU is going down into the trenches. The Sunbelt is not the Sunbelt of old...circa early 1980's when we were apart of it.
As far as JMU....to them, basketball over the last 20 years has never been a big thing. They have been a cellar dwellar since about 2000'. But in D1aa or whatever it is called, their football has been actually pretty top notch. I don't know how their football has been the last 5 years but if it's been good, they should be a decent team in the Sunbelt......although their basketball will continue to suck.
But perhaps ODU and JMU bball may actually be winners in the sunbelt considering how low the sunbelt is.....lower than the CAA and CUSA. And CUSA is now toast. Who wants ECU? SoCon? Appi St is not moving to CUSA now

BigE

Elite Member
And ODU basketball continues it's downward plummet. Heck CUSA was above the Sunbelt....certainly in basketball and pretty even in football. Now ODU is going down into the trenches. The Sunbelt is not the Sunbelt of old...circa early 1980's when we were apart of it.
As far as JMU....to them, basketball over the last 20 years has never been a big thing. They have been a cellar dwellar since about 2000'. But in D1aa or whatever it is called, their football has been actually pretty top notch. I don't know how their football has been the last 5 years but if it's been good, they should be a decent team in the Sunbelt......although their basketball will continue to suck.
But perhaps ODU and JMU bball may actually be winners in the sunbelt considering how low the sunbelt is.....lower than the CAA and CUSA. And CUSA is now toast. Who wants ECU? SoCon? Appi St is not moving to CUSA now
u r right a one bid league and that bid usually go to Louisiana - Lafayette. But they luv their football and baseball.

VCU74

Elite Member
I saw this posted on another board, at this point it’s hard to disagree.

If you're choosing the Sun Belt over the CUSA, then the CUSA deserves to go away.

Havoc City

Elite Member

If you're choosing the Sun Belt over the CUSA, then the CUSA deserves to go away.
Didn't the Sun Belt have two top-15 teams at the end of last year in football?

PRock

Elite Member
Insider

Somewhere, Vic Bubas is throwing one heckuva cocktail party!

northernvatiger

Elite Member
I can't keep track of these conference realignments. Can anyone provide a link to a summary? Thanks!

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
One teams fans idea of what the A10 may look like very soon.
FCQi0XTWEAIh83g

"I think we would have a great shot against the Cavaliers. They have the edge in athleticism, shooting, and overall talent, but our guys are so much more mature and have decades of experience. Give me the wily veterans any day."

- Chris Mooney

BradRamFan

Elite Member
That sure doesn't leave much at all in CUSA with a bunch also just announcing their move to AAC.
Either way, it decimates CUSA but makes for a relatively weak AAC (in basketball).....and I don't think does much for Sunbelt basketball either.