For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Problem for the A-10 is I'm not sure there are any teams worth adding that actually want to come. Outside of the Shockers or Temple coming back any other additions would seem to be adding for the sake of adding.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bernadette has already reached out to Temple to see if they would consider returning, with the AAC imploding.

rvaram

Elite Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bernadette has already reached out to Temple to see if they would consider returning, with the AAC imploding.
Yeah, I feel like they may do it. Seems like only a matter of time before Memphis bolts. Temple should get out now.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Please please please tell me that Fordham has a football program and get forced to leave for a football conference.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Go figure. Hey I saw somewhere that Heineke for the Redskins Football Team should have been a Spider!

BigE

Elite Member
Sidelines Sports Network @Sidelines_SN

With JMU's departure from the CAA, rumors are circulating that the southern members of the CAA are exploring departing for the SoCon. This would mean the additions of Richmond (FB), William & Mary (all), College of Charleston (BB), & Elon (all).
FC0v7hUX0AAA5P7

BigE

Elite Member
At the end of the day, this whole thing actually worked out okay for old dirty. Basketball isn't really any worse off and they have a tighter geographic footprint. It's still watered down FBS football but better programs than CUsa, at least of late.

I'd be a bit torn if I were a JMU fan, but I think the thought of playing coastal, app state, Marshall, Louisiana etc in football would be enough to push me in the sun belt column. Sun belt basketball isn't that much worse than CAA, but still a decline.
maybe not...

BigE

Elite Member
Yup... in the Sunbelt you got Coastal Carolina who been good the last few years.... App State who is always sneaky & can upset anyone on a given date. Louisiana & ULM are sneaky good too.
actually the new SBC East will be a bear with Marshall, JMU, ODU, CCU, ASU, GSU and GA Southern. All within driving distance.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Please please please tell me that Fordham has a football program and get forced to leave for a football conference.
They have FCS football and are actually one of the winningest football programs in Division I (although mainly by virtue of being a very old program), despite not competing in Division I at all between 1955 and 1989.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
I'd be okay if the Socon forces UR and Fordham to join in all sports. I also heard (eg saw UMass fans talking about talking) that UMass may be eyeing the MAC or something.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
All 3 might as well leave. It’s not like they are gaining anything with their basketball teams by being in the. A-10. Only 1 NCAA tournament appearance amongst all 3 in the last 10 years by UMASS in 2014.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
All 3 might as well leave. It’s not like they are gaining anything with their basketball teams by being in the. A-10. Only 1 NCAA tournament appearance amongst all 3 in the last 10 years by UMASS in 2014.
If 2011 counts, Richmond has a sweet 16.