For Funsies: Conference Reallignment/Creation

BigE

Elite Member
JMU's move has been cleared by the General Assembly, so it's all but official now.

images

The Sun Belt will make a $600,000 contribution to JMU during the transition. Indicates that once the transition is complete JMU could earn $2.5 million from media rights.

rvaram

Elite Member
Pretty sure their post season payout was still much higher than JMU's last season.
Fair point but that outcome would be an absolute best case scenario for the dukes. I don't seem them going undefeated in even the Sunbelt anytime soon (mainly based on how ODU was blowing the doors off of fcs teams with Heineke and now has won one FBS game in 2 seasons)

Also entirely possible that I'm being a bit salty based on how JMU fans are so outraged by the Caa barring them from post season play after it was confirmed that they voted to enforce the same rule against ODU when they left, lol

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
images

The Sun Belt will make a $600,000 contribution to JMU during the transition. Indicates that once the transition is complete JMU could earn $2.5 million from media rights.
That $2.5 million could make a huge difference for JMU.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Fair point but that outcome would be an absolute best case scenario for the dukes. I don't seem them going undefeated in even the Sunbelt anytime soon (mainly based on how ODU was blowing the doors off of fcs teams with Heineke and now has won one FBS game in 2 seasons)

Also entirely possible that I'm being a bit salty based on how JMU fans are so outraged by the Caa barring them from post season play after it was confirmed that they voted to enforce the same rule against ODU when they left, lol

I think it is also fair to say JMU has had a better football program than fodu even since fodu moved up to FBS. Based on the success their program has had over the last 10 years, I don't see JMU struggling at the same level as fodu has.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I think it is also fair to say JMU has had a better football program than fodu even since fodu moved up to FBS. Based on the success their program has had over the last 10 years, I don't see JMU struggling at the same level as fodu has.
JMU will be fine. They’re not going to pull a Coastal Carolina or anything but I really can’t see them struggling in FBS either. They and NDSU are the two FCS teams I always felt would do well in FBS. (NDSU should move up but they don’t have the facilities or $$$ to do so.)

BigE

Elite Member