Foreign student/player education ruling?

Sep 2, 2016
What was it, 203,303, and 403?
Yep! Used to always half-assedly glance at my schedule before heading to campus at the beginning of each semester, and then totally forget which of the 3s my classes would be in. Then always guess wrong!

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Any class with 50 or over will be moved online.
My daughter is an incoming freshman at VCU, and I can tell you that rule is not a hard and fast one. Right now, all of her classes are listed as being online, and I'm pretty sure only one of them, maybe two, have more than 50 students. We were told to check back at the schedule later this week because the school is still finalizing schedules. I hope it changes.

Mar 2, 2014
My daughter is an incoming freshman at VCU, and I can tell you that rule is not a hard and fast one. Right now, all of her classes are listed as being online, and I'm pretty sure only one of them, maybe two, have more than 50 students. We were told to check back at the schedule later this week because the school is still finalizing schedules. I hope it changes.
Yeah, my daughter is in her last semester so i am pretty sure that most of her classes do not have over 50 students.

Mar 2, 2014
I hope you live in town. My niece is also going in the fall and has a place on campus. Not sure the point of coming to campus if all classes will be online.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
No clue what VCU's final plans are... but I work at Reynolds community college right down the street from VCU.... and while I dk the plans as of now (been out the last few months recovering from a hip injury... going back next week though). But the initial plans I had hear for Reynolds Comm. College was that we were going to do all our classes online in the fall with the exception of labs. So it'd basically be a hybrid class and the only people coming on campus besides faculty & staff would be students taking classes involving labs.

I'll have to wait til I go back to see if thats changed or not.... but the rest of the spring & all of the summer semester was done online there & the only people allowed on campus were faculty & staff. No students or guests. So everything had to be done online, over the phone or via Zoom/Skype...etc.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
I hope you live in town. My niece is also going in the fall and has a place on campus. Not sure the point of coming to campus if all classes will be online.
Our daughter wants to live on campus, and I can't bring myself to tell her no. She had to finish her high school career on our couch, and I don't want her to start her college career in the same place. We're hoping she will have SOME in-person classes and that things are better in the spring, after VCU has figured some things out. Right now, the lack of organization in this process makes me think they're making it up day-to-day.

I'll have to wait til I go back to see if thats changed or not.... but the rest of the spring & all of the summer semester was done online there & the only people allowed on campus were faculty & staff. No students or guests. So everything had to be done online, over the phone or via Zoom/Skype...etc.
The fall semester at Virginia Community Colleges will be online. I do some work for VCCS and know a couple of kids going to community colleges in the fall. Labs might be in person, but everything else will be online.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 1, 2009
Looks like this is now a moot point. Good news for Ward and a lot of our WBB players.

Good. This would have devastated a number of major research institutions which have a huge foreign contingent of graduate students and post-docs

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
It was never going to work out in the first place, it was just more noise to cause a stir. I hate this administration, especially Betsy DeVos. They are just evil.

Reactions: RamLover