Former Recruits and Players

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Looks like Clemson's dominance of Alabama this year continues

Also, did Clemson recruit Mack four times (initially, after decommitting from VCU, after leaving Texas and after leaving Alabama)?
Ehh it's basketball... who cares. As long as Clemson dominates Bama in football I'm happy. For the record, no I'm not a clemson fan. I just hate Bama.

vcumcvram

Top Member
Apr 7, 2010
https://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/ncat/kwe-parker-tyler-maye-to-join-n-c-a-t/article_a335d9e6-992d-11e9-bf00-23967ce69834.html

Coach Jay Joyner and the N.C. A&T basketball program are attracting major talent — high-major talent, in fact.
Kwe Parker, a former Wesleyan Christian Academy star who played his freshman season at Tennessee, announced late Wednesday night that he’ll be joining the Aggies to resume his career after sitting out last season.
If that wasn’t enough good news, it was also revealed that A&T has also signed Tyler Maye, a point guard from Farmville who spent one season at VCU before playing at Southeastern Community College last season.
It’s quite the infusion of talent for the Aggies, who have improved exponentially since going 3-29 overall and 1-15 in the MEAC in Joyner’s first season in 2016-17. Since then, A&T has gone 24-8 in league play and will be expected to contend for the MEAC championship again behind Parker and Maye.
Originally considered a three-star recruit in the Class of 2016 and ranked No. 110 by 247Sports, the 6-2, 170-pound Parker averaged just 8.1 minutes in 25 games at Tennessee before transferring to Cape Fear Community College. There, Parker averaged 11.4 points during the 2017-18 season but didn’t return for a second at CFCC.

Originally from the Fayetteville area, Parker burst onto the national scene as a viral sensation thanks to his highlight-reel dunks.

Maye, meanwhile, averaged 7.4 minutes in 32 games at VCU as a freshman before transferring to SCC in West Burlington, Iowa last season, averaging, 11.4 points while hitting 45 percent of his 3-point attempts.
After going 19-13 overall last season and 13-3 in the MEAC, the Aggies lost their top four scorers, but will return forward Ronald Jackson and guard Kameron Langley.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
50k isn't bad for one of those contracts. I read that he is being considered a 3 and D type. He just have to work on his jump shot as his defense is right there.
I watched a few of his games while he was at UNC... I think he can make it. He may have to start in the G-League, but I think he can make it to the league.... especially after seeing our guys (Bri, Troy & Tre) do it.... I think the biggest thing for him will just be his durability & staying healthy. If he can do that, the skies the limit for him.

Reactions: rammad90

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I watched a few of his games while he was at UNC... I think he can make it. He may have to start in the G-League, but I think he can make it to the league.... especially after seeing our guys (Bri, Troy & Tre) do it.... I think the biggest thing for him will just be his durability & staying healthy. If he can do that, the skies the limit for him.
Same page.

SwiftyClown

Top Member
Nov 19, 2011
Today at 6pm you can see Kenny Williams and Terry Larrier suit up for the Spurs in summer league action on NBATV. More importantly though, you can watch Lonnie Walker.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Brett Nelson former Director of Basketball Operations at VCU is now the HC at Holy Cross.

Last edited:

vcumcvram

Top Member
Apr 7, 2010
https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-burning-questions-tight-end

» What kind of jump will Mo Alie-Cox make?
In April 2017, the Colts signed Mo Alie-Cox as an undrafted free agent out of VCU. Oh, and he didn’t play football in college, mind you; he was a basketball standout. That’s right: after having not played organized football since middle school, the Colts saw something in Alie-Cox that made them believe he could be the latest in a line of college basketball players that could make the successful transition into an NFL tight end. A year and a half later in Oakland, Alie-Cox leaps in the air and, with one hand, grabs his first-career NFL touchdown, and two years later, with Doyle and Ebron on the mend, he’s making play after play as the team’s No. 1 tight end throughout the offseason workout program. It’s been a quick transition for Alie-Cox, who has not only impressed with his skills as a pass catcher, but has caught on to the blocking aspect of the position quite well, too. While he isn’t a finished product by any means, the coaching staff is excited about the prospect of Alie-Cox being a playmaker in Indy for years to come.