Former Recruits and Players

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Do you think "calling out/openly identifying deficiencies" on a message board helps fix them or just creates more problems? I think all it does is make the people saying it feel more important and smarter as if they are seeing things that everyone else can not just because we are not talking about it.
Some people dont get it. Fwiw, it is ok to a point but unless you and another poster are going back and forth and you are clarifying your position. you really should give it a rest once you have stated your position.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Why are people debating D Jenkins contributions to the program. The guy had a very solid career. His first year was a waste due to injury . However, in the 3 years after that he scored nearly 1100 points, had over 200 assists, had almost 125 steals, and over 350 rebounds, while cutting his turnovers in half from his sophomore to Senior year.

He shot the ball well. 37.4 for his career from 3 when he was the primary deep threat, and nearly 80% from the free throw line. He became a solid defender.

Did he become the breakout star we all hoped? Nope but the guy had a career that I'd guess 80-90% of former Ram players would love to have had. Plus he was generally a nice young man.

Last edited:

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Just saw recruit Isiah Todd signed with the G-League for what could be about 250,000 dollars. He was #13. The #1 also signed.

First I think it a great idea to let a kid who has no desire or interest in college to start their pro career at a fairly decent wage (win, win for all involved. kids get paid without breaking the law, teams get cheap evaluation versus wasting a top draft pick on a potential burnout).

Second, how will this affect recruiting on a trickle down basis? (Will LSU's Slick Willie now have to pay more or less and what about the mid majors? will they suffer a slight talent drain?)

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Man
Nov 20, 2009
Just saw recruit Isiah Todd signed with the G-League for what could be about 250,000 dollars. He was #13. The #1 also signed.

First I think it a great idea to let a kid who has no desire or interest in college to start their pro career at a fairly decent wage (win, win for all involved. kids get paid without breaking the law, teams get cheap evaluation versus wasting a top draft pick on a potential burnout).

Second, how will this affect recruiting on a trickle down basis? (Will LSU's Slick Willie now have to pay more or less and what about the mid majors)
Completely agree. Ridiculous that these 18-19 year olds haven’t been able to go pro here in the U.S. Honestly, I think it will help the college game as long as it doesn’t become like everyone can go and make 6 figure salary out of high school.

Reactions: rammad90

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013