Former Recruits and Players

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
honestly I suppose have no hard feelings against him and do wish the best for him. The only thing about his departure that left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth was running to join up with the team that just bounced us in the NCAA's.
I signed up on their board before the game, had some good interactions with them before and after the game :)

after Sean transferred I went back and made a couple posts saying we liked him here, great passer and even a couple highlight clips. Said further (and apparently this hasn’t aged as well as I expected) that He would be a good one and they would see. It’s a shame that he never seemed to recover from the knee injury :-/

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I can say with great confidence that Mobley transferring was a good thing for VCU and his family.
He lost minutes as the season went on in 2018-2019 to a rising freshman Vince Williams. He didn't fit MR system nearly as well and I think he would have been lost in the shuffle last season.

And.... his dad claims to be Archie Manning so at least the drive to the game isn't as far anymore.
We dodged a bullet there.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I signed up on their board before the game, had some good interactions with them before and after the game :)

after Sean transferred I went back and made a couple posts saying we liked him here, great passer and even a couple highlight clips. Said further (and apparently this hasn’t aged as well as I expected) that He would be a good one and they would see. It’s a shame that he never seemed to recover from the knee injury :-/

yeah their fans seem like nice enough folks. I ended up riding a shuttle bus to and from the arena there that had a bunch of UCF fans on it both ways and they were fun to chat with there was some good natured ribbing after the game and my proclamation to them that "we will be back here next year, will you?" turned out to be the miss of the century :lol:

Like I said, I do wish him the best but seems like he has gotten lost in the shuffle down there too. I guess with the transfer rules they could maybe try to get him a change of scenery again for whatever his remaining eligibility is to see if he finds a better fit? Who knows what pops has in store.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
Can't he sit out and come back like Michael Gilmore did?

I guess it's possible but feels like both sides have moved on at this point. Not sure if he fits in with the bunch that we have assembled that well and he probably would want to go somewhere that maximizes his playing time and the likelihood of impressing. If he wanted to remain in FL there are plenty of low-majors there that would love to have him on the team I bet.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012

Chris was on our radar, not sure how high. He's former Ram Robert Shelton's son, and played for my hometown, Louisa, in the 2019 state title game at the Stu against GW-Danville. I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't mind seeing him transfer here. He scored 19 against George Washington last week.
Chris Shelton (former Ram standout Robert's son) should transfer here! We would be absolutely DEADLY from behind the arc.

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride