Former Recruits and Players

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I have been searching for a nice Maynor NBA jersey for a while, now I am redoubling efforts to find an OKC one!

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I thought Maynor was in the organization prior to this. Wasnt he a part of their G-League crew? The man surely knows basketball better than he played it and that says a lot. He could surely ball, his body just didn't hold up.

Any news on Brad?

He was in the organization yes as an assistant coach of the G-League team but has not been on the staff of the mother organization until now. He is following the path forged by Royal Ivey in their organization going from former player to G-League assistant coach, to OKC Thunder assistant coach. Pretty awesome news, very impressive!

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I thought Maynor was in the organization prior to this. Wasnt he a part of their G-League crew? The man surely knows basketball better than he played it and that says a lot. He could surely ball, his body just didn't hold up.

Any news on Brad?
Haven’t heard anything new about Brad. Last I checked he’s still an assistant on the G-League team (OKC Blue).

Reactions: rammad90

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
this talk of the G-League brings to mind something I have said for a while, would it kill the Wizards to have their G-League team be located here in RVA?? I bet they would get more attendance here than up there. I know I would be down for a few season tickets.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
this talk of the G-League brings to mind something I have said for a while, would it kill the Wizards to have their G-League team be located here in RVA?? I bet they would get more attendance here than up there. I know I would be down for a few season tickets.
It’s highly unlikely that the Wizards relocate the Capital City Go-Go out of DC, even if the Green City arena gets built. If we got a G-League team it would most likely be from another franchise, and that’s assuming we beat out Virginia Beach for one (they’ve wanted a NBA or G-League team for years).

Jan 16, 2020
Britton Wilson, daughter of former Rams' guard Vince Wilson, is competing in 400 hurdles at US Track and Field Olympic Trials in Eugene Ore. Britton starred locally at Mills Godwin High .... for those unaware, Vince was a high-school high-jump champ in South Carolina.

Last edited:

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
However, they have the facilities, staff right there. RVA would be cool but DC makes more business sense.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
There are a handful of them whose G-League affiliate is nowhere close to the NBA team so that part isn't without precedence, and facilities for a team like that is not a difficult problem to solve either assuming both sides want it to happen (therein lies the real problem ha)

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
It’s highly unlikely that the Wizards relocate the Capital City Go-Go out of DC, even if the Green City arena gets built. If we got a G-League team it would most likely be from another franchise, and that’s assuming we beat out Virginia Beach for one (they’ve wanted a NBA or G-League team for years).
There is a strategic plan for the G-league to evolve into a multi-level league with promotion and relegation. The revenue generation model is less about attendance with more focus on digital media rights and player development.

Like baseball’s major leagues, there will be clubs that are directly affiliated and managed by NBA teams and some that are independent but aligned with a few teams. So there is a good possibility that Richmond could have a team if the facilities become available.

The last two years have been a bit disruptive to the plans for the league and several teams suspended operations this past season. Makes sense, as it is still early days and requires a lot of capital to operate a team…next few years will be interesting as more of the top 50 HS players sign into the league. The Ignite team is viewed as one of the bright spots in a couple of tough years……the shoe companies are bullish too.