Former Recruits and Players

Saw Medley-Bacon play last week.
Kid looked good. Puts the ball on the floor, rebounds, scores, defends.
Against a good P5 team.
That would have been helpful for us this year.
--sigh--

rammad90

Elite Member
Saw Medley-Bacon play last week.
Kid looked good. Puts the ball on the floor, rebounds, scores, defends.
Against a good P5 team.
That would have been helpful for us this year.
--sigh--
Mike has a tough time integrated big guys into the lineup over a smaller guy that is more athletic. Mike Gilmore couldn't get off his bench but he is in the G League and has had a couple of good games and a couple of meh games. Just goes to show different people play better in different systems.

rammad90

Elite Member
Not sure where to post this but I have watched Shaka's Marquette team three times this year and that guy has improved his in game coaching since VCU and even from last year at Texas.

HIs substitutions and lineups have been masterful. His play calling after time outs has been much better and his team's offense fits the team make up.

He has improved. A LOT!

Last edited:
Mike has a tough time integrated big guys into the lineup over a smaller guy that is more athletic. Mike Gilmore couldn't get off his bench but he is in the G League and has had a couple of good games and a couple of meh games. Just goes to show different people play better in different systems.
that he does, sadly. but Medley was moving very nicely for a seven footer. and he was doing it late last season when Rhoades had to play him.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider

Larry on Mental Illness
This was a great interview. In all honesty, it made me both happy and mad. I am so excited for Larry and what the future holds for him. He has defied the odds and seems to be in a really could place. As I listened to his story, I began to get mad thinking back on things I heard about him from a lot of people, many in the VCU community and some that post on this very board still. Without knowing anything about him or his life or his mental condition, people were judging him and criticizing him as even vilifying him. I just hope that some of those people consider that maybe just maybe a person has a different background that impacts them in ways that maybe they don’t even know at the time and consider if they can in some way help instead on criticizing without all the facts

irradiated_ram

Insider
This was a great interview. In all honesty, it made me both happy and mad. I am so excited for Larry and what the future holds for him. He has defied the odds and seems to be in a really could place. As I listened to his story, I began to get mad thinking back on things I heard about him from a lot of people, many in the VCU community and some that post on this very board still. Without knowing anything about him or his life or his mental condition, people were judging him and criticizing him as even vilifying him. I just hope that some of those people consider that maybe just maybe a person has a different background that impacts them in ways that maybe they don’t even know at the time and consider if they can in some way help instead on criticizing without all the facts
Up until this video all I’ve ever heard was that he stepped away from the league because he had a weed problem

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member