Former Recruits and Players

BradRamFan

Elite Member
A bored Wednesday night so decided to look up a few things...LOL

Sean Mobley has only played in 2 of the 5 games this season for UCF and averaged 12 min a game and 1ppg.

MSS is averaging 15 min a game (down from 24 mpg last year) and is at 7 ppg on average....against a cupcake OOC so far.

Levar Batts transferred to NAIA Georgetown College but he hasn't played in any games this season.

BMB is averaging 20-30 mpg with McNeese but his point total has been sort of all over the place from a 21 point game to a 4 point game. Averaging about 5-6 rpg. Has had two games where he turned it over 5 & 6 times to LSU and Samford. But generally it looks like he is doing ok for McNeese.

Looks like PJ Byrd has finally found a good home. Averaging 27 minutes a game @ 8 ppg......good for him.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
A bored Wednesday night so decided to look up a few things...LOL

Sean Mobley has only played in 2 of the 5 games this season for UCF and averaged 12 min a game and 1ppg.

MSS is averaging 15 min a game (down from 24 mpg last year) and is at 7 ppg on average....against a cupcake OOC so far.

Levar Batts transferred to NAIA Georgetown College but he hasn't played in any games this season.

BMB is averaging 20-30 mpg with McNeese but his point total has been sort of all over the place from a 21 point game to a 4 point game. Averaging about 5-6 rpg. Has had two games where he turned it over 5 & 6 times to LSU and Samford. But generally it looks like he is doing ok for McNeese.

Looks like PJ Byrd has finally found a good home. Averaging 27 minutes a game @ 8 ppg......good for him.
NAIA? Really? Wow.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Not sure if anyone noticed this last night, but in NC State's 4 OT win over Nebraska, former VCU recruit Dereon Seabron had 39 points and 19 rebounds. He did have 7 turnovers, but he also played 56 minutes, with many of those minutes at the point. He needs to develop an outside shot, but at 6'7" and playing the point a lot, he's a matchup nightmare for other teams. And he is only a red shirt sophomore. Sure would have loved to see him in a VCU Ram uniform!!! The guy is a ton of fun to watch play basketball.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Not sure if anyone noticed this last night, but in NC State's 4 OT win over Nebraska, former VCU recruit Dereon Seabron had 39 points and 19 rebounds. He did have 7 turnovers, but he also played 56 minutes, with many of those minutes at the point. He needs to develop an outside shot, but at 6'7" and playing the point a lot, he's a matchup nightmare for other teams. And he is only a red shirt sophomore. Sure would have loved to see him in a VCU Ram uniform!!! The guy is a ton of fun to watch play basketball.
Seabron was pretty impressive despite those turnovers. I'm sure some of those can be chalked up to fatigue, but that's one heck of a stat line.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

Good to see BMB doing well.

Wow didn't realize Byrd transferred again. but glad hes doing well.

Saw He plays at Kentucky on Dec 7 (7 PM ON SEC Network) and at Dayton December 21st (7 PM on ESPN+) incase anyone wants to watch him.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer on all the Seabron love but ability should not be the only consideration given to a student athlete at VCU. In spite of what he brings to the court, I am ok he is not a ram and wish him nothing but the best

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer on all the Seabron love but ability should not be the only consideration given to a student athlete at VCU. In spite of what he brings to the court, I am ok he is not a ram and wish him nothing but the best
nancy, I'm Frank Mason

*I don't know a thing about Seabron, Mason's first (only?) single always makes me laugh is all