Former Recruits and Players

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I found this great interview with Martin Henlin from last year!

He's one of the major forces leading effort to re-organize pro and olympic basketball in england

KentuckyRam

Insider

MCNEESE VS. SE LOUISIANA (M BASKETBALL)​

-- Thursday, February 10, 9:00 PM --Brendan Medley-Bacon McNeese

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Former Almost Ram Roosevelt Wheeler has to be disappointed with his freshman season in Louisville.....Cardinals are under .500, Have lost 6 in a row, 10th in the ACC, and he's gettin only 7 minutes a game with minimal stats of note.

As much as I HATE all things Louisville...It's kind of a bummer for the kid.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Former Almost Ram Roosevelt Wheeler has to be disappointed with his freshman season in Louisville.....Cardinals are under .500, Have lost 6 in a row, 10th in the ACC, and he's gettin only 7 minutes a game with minimal stats of note.

As much as I HATE all things Louisville...It's kind of a bummer for the kid.
Well, they fired Mack so it will be interesting to see if he stays or enters the transfer portal.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Well, they fired Mack so it will be interesting to see if he stays or enters the transfer portal.
Yea, between the Mack situation and the Dino Gaudio extortion thing and the prostitution thing and the corruption thing and roster transfers/roster turnover and the crowds openly booing the team as they walk off their home court and.......wait, what were we talking about?? Oh yea....Louisville Basketball is a dumpster fire and I still hate them and Wheeler should've stayed in RVa.

But I'm also super stoked for Fermin, so I guess Wheeler may be one of those guys who bounce around from school to school?? Who knows, I'm sure if the kid could do it all over NO WAY he would pick Louisville again.

Definitely a bummer for him and his handlers

Mercury

Elite Member
Yea, between the Mack situation and the Dino Gaudio extortion thing and the prostitution thing and the corruption thing and roster transfers/roster turnover and the crowds openly booing the team as they walk off their home court and.......wait, what were we talking about?? Oh yea....Louisville Basketball is a dumpster fire and I still hate them and Wheeler should've stayed in RVa.

But I'm also super stoked for Fermin, so I guess Wheeler may be one of those guys who bounce around from school to school?? Who knows, I'm sure if the kid could do it all over NO WAY he would pick Louisville again.

Definitely a bummer for him and his handlers

With the new transfer rules this will become the norm. Sign with your best real offer. If it works cool and it not you can transfer and play somewhere else next year.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Yea, I know....even though these kids should absolutely have the option, it just seems a little sad and wonky. It quickly went from a kid transferring after a year or two to a better "fit" (ala Eric Paschall) or to a blue blood for his final year (ala Luke Hancock)....which we all bemoaned (as mid major fans) as mid majors becoming a farm system for blue bloods to pluck as they saw fit.

Now it's getting so that former almost Ram Charlie Moore went from Cal to KU to DePaul to Miami or current Duquesne and also almost Ram Kevin Easley's road from Chatanooga to TCU to Duquesne.....where's he gonna be next year?? Probably not Duquesne.

We've certainly seen that here.....Marquell Fraser/Tyler Maye/PJ Byrd/Lewis Djonkman/BMB all transferred down or laterally-ish and, for the most part, they've been better off
or
Ahmed Hamdy Mohammed/Samir Doughty/MSS transferred up with only Samir getting a markedly better college basketball experience. MSS got some decent run in the Tourney last year but has lost playing time this year as he limps to the finish line of his college career.
or Sean Mosely.....which is just a sad situation all around.

I guess it's just the way of things, I suppose

Old people complained about true freshman playing or the shot clock or the 3 point line or whatever.....and now it's us....complaining about "too many transfers" or kids "not sticking it out and earning their shot" and then we freak out with joy as our aged musical icons show up on a halftime show and we realize that we're friggin OLD and HOW THE H E L L DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHAT'S WITH THIS GUT AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PEE SO MUCH AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M SHOUTING....

ugh

Go Rams and pass the Metamucil..was it @artRAMinMN or @xjohnx who had the WIlford Brimley avatar for so long?? That's who we are now!!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Yea, I know....even though these kids should absolutely have the option, it just seems a little sad and wonky. It quickly went from a kid transferring after a year or two to a better "fit" (ala Eric Paschall) or to a blue blood for his final year (ala Luke Hancock)....which we all bemoaned (as mid major fans) as mid majors becoming a farm system for blue bloods to pluck as they saw fit.

Now it's getting so that former almost Ram Charlie Moore went from Cal to KU to DePaul to Miami or current Duquesne and also almost Ram Kevin Easley's road from Chatanooga to TCU to Duquesne.....where's he gonna be next year?? Probably not Duquesne.

We've certainly seen that here.....Marquell Fraser/Tyler Maye/PJ Byrd/Lewis Djonkman/BMB all transferred down or laterally-ish and, for the most part, they've been better off
or
Ahmed Hamdy Mohammed/Samir Doughty/MSS transferred up with only Samir getting a markedly better college basketball experience. MSS got some decent run in the Tourney last year but has lost playing time this year as he limps to the finish line of his college career.
or Sean Mosely.....which is just a sad situation all around.

I guess it's just the way of things, I suppose

Old people complained about true freshman playing or the shot clock or the 3 point line or whatever.....and now it's us....complaining about "too many transfers" or kids "not sticking it out and earning their shot" and then we freak out with joy as our aged musical icons show up on a halftime show and we realize that we're friggin OLD and HOW THE H E L L DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHAT'S WITH THIS GUT AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PEE SO MUCH AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M SHOUTING....

ugh

Go Rams and pass the Metamucil..was it @artRAMinMN or @xjohnx who had the WIlford Brimley avatar for so long?? That's who we are now!!
Kids transferring doesn't bother me. On the other hand, this was the first Super Bowl halftime show that's ever appealed to me and it was basically an AARP commercial.