Former Recruits and Players

VRam

Elite Member
To get me wrong, I want Shriver to be an upgrade but the empirical evidence suggests otherwise.

To be sure, Sean's attitude turned for the worst when he realized his minutes were getting cut in lieu of better options on the team. He let that adversely effect of every facet of his game including conditioning.

However, at his best, he was a key contributor to the first Rhoades NCAA team. Just remember, Rhoades, at one point, had enough confidence in Sean's defensively abilities to assign him to head of the press on a team that was top 5 defensive efficiency in '18-19.

I concede Shriver's 3 pt shooting %(2nd in the transfer portal) but it was against the worst league in division 1 basketball. His assessment was based his 5 game stretch at the end of the year against the worst teams of that league. When Hartford finally played against a quality team (Baylor), they got stomped by 24.

Anyway It really doesn't matter if he is better than mobley.

The real question is he better than tsonhis. Tshonis was came to vcu as leading 3 shooter in the pac 10? Tshonis scored 29 pts against Oregon, a sweet 16 team with Chris Duarte. He was a 3* all-state first team in Washington. His other offers recruited by USC and Arizona st. He is a better shooter and a better athlete than Shriver, yet he is gone.

There were still better wings available in the transfer portal when we signed Shriver.

I can actually think of a few '22's which were still available at the time of Shriver which were a just as fundamentally sound and a better fit for vcu.
When Mobley was in the game, on offense we basically played 4 on 5. He wasn't a threat to do anything and the opposition figured that out. It got to the point where he was constantly passing up wide open looks.

Major Ram 2.0

Elite Member
Tshonis had terrible form as far as his jumper was concerned. Never got in sync as far as I could tell. Fitting in will be problematic for those coming through the portal

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Nick Kern posted an instagram story from the Mike Rhoades Camp and it looks like Michael Gilmore was there helping out? I know there's a lot of guys hanging around at the moment but that's the first I've seen of Mike this summer. Campus is just dripping with talent
Yes, he has been around. Michael Anderson as well.